[NEohioPAL] Ashland University Theatre Announces 15.16 Season

Tricia Applegate via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 4 07:24:30 PDT 2015

Ashland University Theatre presents

2015.2016: A Season of Connections

*“We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are **connected by a
thousand invisible threads, and along **these sympathetic fibers, our
actions run as causes **and return to us as results.” **-Herman Melville*
*QUILTERS*
book by Molly Newman, Barbara Damasheklyrics and music by Barbara Damashek
Based on *The Quilters: Women and Domestic Art*
by Patricia Cooper & Norma Bradley Allen
directed by Teresa Durbin-Ames
*October 9-10, 15-17 at 7:30 p.m.*
*October 11 at 2 p.m.*
Pre-Show Talk: Fri., Oct. 16, 6:45 p.m.

A heart-warming celebration of American womanhood depicting the courage and
spirit of our nation’s pioneer women. Music, dance and drama transform the
harsh realities of frontier life into a Legacy Quilt containing blocks of
familiar patterns like the Lone Star, the Log Cabin and the Double Wedding
Ring.
*DEAD MAN’S CELL PHONE*
by Sarah Ruhl
directed by Rachael Swartz

*November 5-7, 12-14 at 7:30 p.m.November 8 at 2 p.m.*
Pre-Show Talk: Fri., Nov. 13, 6:45 p.m.

A stranger at the next table has had enough of an incessantly ringing cell
phone in a quiet café, while a dead man has a lot of loose ends. This
wildly imaginative new comedy is about how we memorialize the dead and how
we are forced to confront our own assumptions about morality, redemption,
and the need to connect in a technologically obsessed world. *Contains
adult language.*

*A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM*
by William Shakespeare
directed Patrick McGregor II

*February 19-20, 26-27 at 7:30 p.m.February 21 at 2 p.m.*
Pre-Show Talk: Fri., Feb. 26, 6:45 p.m.
School Matinee: Feb. 26, 9 a.m. ($2 each) Call 419.289.5950 for reservations

One of Shakespeare’s most popular comedies follows the adventures of four
young Athenian lovers. Meanwhile, a band of fairies and a troupe of
Athenian craftsmen rehearsing a play attempt to manipulate and control the
events surrounding the couples’ marriages. How will the summer romances end?

*FREE EVENTS*
Pre-Show Talks on 2nd Fridays
Join us for pre-show talks with members of the production team. Enhance
your theatre experience by engaging with the artists who created
the performances.

Senior Project by Natalyn Baisden
Sunday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m.

Drop of a Hat Players Spring Showcase
Saturday, April 23 at 2 p.m.

*Box Office: **419.289.5125 | www.ashland.edu/tickets
<http://www.ashland.edu/tickets>*
Opens Tuesday, September 8 | Hours: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday
Season Tickets: $28 adults | $24 seniors, AU faculty, staff, alumni | $12
non-AU students
Single tickets: $12 adults | $10 seniors, AU faculty, staff, alumni | $8
groups of 10 or more | $5 non-AU students | $2 AU students

www.ashland.edu/theatre | Facebook.com/AshlandUniversityTheatre |
autheatredepartment.blogspot.com