[NEohioPAL] Auditions for INTO THE WOODS: Lakeland Theatre

Martin Friedman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 11 05:35:43 PDT 2015

*Lakeland Civic Theatre announces *

*A Still wonderful and original musical play*

*Into the Woods*

Music and Lyrics by    Stephen Sondheim          Book by James Lapine

Directed by Martin Friedman

Set and Lighting Design by Trad A Burns

Musical Direction by Jordan Cooper

Costume Design by Tesia Benson

Sound Designed by Eric Simna

Production Stage Management by Nichole Vencl

*The Play:*

*Into the Woods. * Sondheim-light right? Well, I am not so sure that is
what you will get as either an audience member or an actor. I like to think
that this group of theatre artists, including Sondheim and Lapine, think
outside the box and look at things a bit differently. We look at this
musical play not just to do it differently, but rather to take a look at an
old friend and see how much WE have changed.

*Audition Information: *

*Auditions will be held on October 25 and 26 between 7pm and 10pm at
Lakeland Community College in Building D. **Please prepare TWO contrasting
Sondheim pieces, each16-32 bars long. Jordan Cooper, the musical director,
will choose one of the songs for you to sing.  **You need only come to one
of the audition dates. YOU DO NOT NEED AN AUDITION TIME. JUST SHOW UP AND
WE WILL HAVE YOU SING and then READ. We will have a CALLBACK, if needed, on
Wednesday, October 28 between 7:15 and 9:00pm. *

*ALL ROLES ARE COMPENSATED. *

*There is the possibility of ONE (1) EQUITY contract for this show. I won’t
know for sure for a couple of weeks.*

*The Roles: *

*Dad*

*Cinderella*

*Baker*

*Baker’s Wife*

*Jack*

*Jack’s Mother*

*Witch*

*Little Red Riding Hood*

*Cinderella’s Prince*

*Rapunzel’s Prince*

*And others*

*Production and Rehearsal Dates:*

*Into the Woods **will open on Friday, January 29 and run through February
21 2016. There will be twelve (12) shows; that is four (4) weeks of
performances. Rehearsals will begin the end of November and will run on an
occasional basis based upon your schedules. We will begin rehearsals in
earnest on January 4, 2016 and run Sunday thru Fridays. I will NOT waste
your time. *

*Tickets: *

*$15 for adults, $13 for seniors and $7 for all students. For ticket
reservations and information call440-525-7134 <440-525-7134> or contact
Martin Friedman at* *martinfriedman98 at gmail.com
<martinfriedman98 at gmail.com>. *