[NEohioPAL] Full Circle Storytelling: An Open Mic for Community Storytellers announces full season of events!

Wandering Aesthetics via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 11 09:17:17 PDT 2015

Wandering Aesthetics & The Akronist
Present…
Full Circle Storytelling: An Open Mic for Community Storytellers

Wandering Aesthetics and The Akronist are proud to announce the inaugural season of Full Circle Storytelling: An Open Mic for Community Storytellers.

Most Full Circle Storytelling events are free event and all are open to the public. Two special events, October 2nd and March 20th will have tickets prices and/or suggested donations. Please see website for more information.

Registration is encouraged (especially for storytellers), but not required. To register or for more information, please email benjamin at akronist.com <mailto:Benjamin at akronist.com> or visit www.watheatre.com/FullCircle <http://www.watheatre.com/FullCircle>.

Information can also be found at: www.tinyurl.com/FullCircle2015 <http://www.tinyurl.com/FullCircle2015>.

Event Dates:

Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 6:00 pm
Ellet Branch Library
2470 E. Market Street • Akron, OH
Theme: On the Road

**Friday, Oct. 2 at 7:00 pm**
The WOMB
915 E. Market St. • Akron, OH
Theme: An Act of Kindness
**Akron Peace Week**
$5 Suggested Donation

Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 6:00 pm
Firestone Park Branch Library
1486 Aster Ave • Akron, OH
Theme: Doubt

Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 6:00 pm
North Hill Branch Library
183 E. Cuyahoga Falls Ave • Akron, OH
Theme: New Beginnings

Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 6:00 pm
Aqueduct Brewing
529 Grant St., Suite 106 • Akron, OH
Theme: Drinkin’ Buddies

Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 6:00 pm
Kenmore Library
969 Kenmore Blvd. • Akron, OH
Theme: The Jaws of Defeat

**Sunday, Mar. 20 at 5:00 pm**
Akron Center for Art, Music and Performance
118 W. Market St. • Akron, OH
Theme: Strong Women
**World Storytelling Day!**
Tickets TDB

Final Performance:
One storyteller will be selected from each Full Circle event to perform at a final culminating event in May. Storytellers will work with Wandering Aesthetics and the Akronist to craft their stories and work on performance techniques.

The location, date and ticket price (if any) for the final performance is still to be determined.

About Full Circle Storytelling:

Open to the public, Full Circle Storytelling events revolve around a theme and the idea: everyone has a story. Sign up to tell a true story related to the evening’s theme or just come to enjoy the show! (No experience necessary.) Stories can range anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes in length. Co-hosted by Wandering Aesthetics and The Akronist, this intimate evening of storytelling will conjure the spirit of community.
While we understand the impossibility of our chosen task, our goal is to give a platform and voice to every Akronite. We recognize that the diversity of experiences within Akron is the thread that weaves the vibrant tapestry of our history and our future.
We are creating a video and audio archive of stories from residents of the Greater Akron area. This archive may be used by students, journalists, researchers, artists, etc. for purposes beyond Full Circle Storytelling events. Participants at our live events are not required to have their stories recorded for our archive. Sometimes the magic is only for those in the room.
Registration is encouraged (especially for storytellers), but not required. To register or for more information, please email benjamin at akronist.com <mailto:Benjamin at akronist.com> or visit www.watheatre.com/fullcircle <http://www.watheatre.com/fullcircle>.

Full Circle Storytelling Mission Statement:

Open to the public, Full Circle Storytelling events revolve around a theme and the idea: everyone has a story. By encouraging community members to tell their own true tales, each storyteller is placed at the center of his or her own life journey. We use narrative as a way to promote understanding between diverse peoples, building bridges – not walls – within our community.