[NEohioPAL] "Lone Star" opens Artist's Choice:Black Box Series at Coach House Theatre

Nancy Cates via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Sep 14 10:13:32 PDT 2015

Think Coach House can only rock Agatha Christie?  Think again!

COACH HOUSE THEATRE

732 West Exchange Street

Akron, OH 44302

330-434-7741 box office

 <http://www.ohioshakespeare.com/> www.coachhousetheatre.com

Coach House Theatre presents

Lone Star

by James McClure

Our second season of "Artists' Choice: Black Box Series"

Showing for two nights only!

Tuesday & Wednesday, October 6 & 7

Tickets only $10; College Students with ID, free!

The second season of Coach House Theatre's latest venture, our "Artists'
Choice: Black Box Series," begins with James McClure's Lone Star. The show
will be performed in a limited two-night run, Tuesday and Wednesday
evenings, October 6 and 7, at 8 p.m.

In this comedy set in Maynard, Texas, at the end of the Viet Nam War, a
former bad boy tries to recapture his lost youth by drinking Lone Star beer
outside a seedy bar.  Lone Star features Ryan Zarecki as war vet Roy,
Derrick Winger as his slow but loveable brother Ray, and Jason Leupold as
Cletis, their annoying dweeb of a former classmate.  The production is
directed by Coach House Artistic Director Nancy Cates.

The Artists' Choice: Black Box Series shows are not part of Coach House's
Subscription Series, and are chosen to appeal to audiences who prefer
edgier, more contemporary fare than Coach House's traditional programming.
(Lone Star contains adult language, and is not for the faint of heart!)
Don't miss this clever and touching play, which The New York Times called,
"an uproarious comedy. peppered with the playwright's own special brand of
cascading, spontaneous wit.

All seats for this show are only $10, and College students will be admitted
free, with student ID.

SHOW TIMES: October 6 and 7, at 8 p.m.

TICKETS: $10, general admission. College students free, with ID.
Reservations required as seating is limited.

FOR RESERVATIONS: Contact our box office at 330-434-7741, or visit
<http://www.coachhousetheatre.com/> www.coachhousetheatre.com.

Coach House Theatre is located at 732 West Exchange Street in Akron, next to
the Akron Woman's City Club, and at the corner of West Exchange and North
Portage Path.

Visit us at  <http://www.coachhousetheatre.com/> www.coachhousetheatre.com
to find out more about this show, and our 2015-2016 season!

-- End --