[NEohioPAL] Still Need 1 Teenage Girl & 1 Mid-20's Male

Mike Skerritt via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Sep 18 05:32:42 PDT 2015

We are still one teenage girl and one mid-20's male short for our new play "What Remains."

The play will be presented as part of a week-long Arts Festival at the First Baptist Church of Greater Cleveland at 3630 Fairmount Boulevard (at Eaton Road) in Shaker Heights.  This production will be the world premiere of a wonderful story by playwright Max Bush and will be performed as follows.

PERFORMANCE DATES:

·        7:30 PM Friday, November 13
·        7:30 PM Saturday, November 14
·        2:00 PM Sunday, November 15

In Max’ own words, the following is a synopsis of the play.
“Maggieis a talented young artist who is just a couple months away from graduatinghigh school. As the summer swiftly approaches she finds herself agonizing overserious life decisions.  What is theright path for her future?  Should shefollow her dreams and become an artist? Or should she do the sensible thing and go to college with her boyfriendMike?  As Maggie struggles with lookinginto her future she meets Cliona, a 69 year old woman who hires Maggie to sortthrough the objects of Cliona’s life.  As Maggie, and her eccentric friend Sarah, search through Cliona’sthings, the people involved with them come alive and we see the truth aboutCliona’s own artistic past.   An unlikelyfriendship blossoms between Maggie and Cliona as they each help the other todiscover something about themselves they never would have found on their own.”

We will hold an additional audition at 3 PM this Saturday, September 19 at the church, address above.  You do not have to BE the actual age needed, but you should LOOK the actual age.

Come prepared to read a few lines from the play, and to demonstratesome simple movement steps.  Anappointment is not required.  No singingis required.

Contact Director Mike Skerritt at gmskerritt at aol.com