[NEohioPAL] Proofreading Reviews Before Publishing by Lenne

Jeffrey Long via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Sep 23 15:27:40 PDT 2015

It's not really a surprise that a literary agent would say that both forms
are correct. In modern usage, pretty much anything goes, as the lines
between formal written English and colloquial usage continue to be blurred,
deconstructed, and heartily ignored.

What's more fascinating to me is that a college professor with an interest
in correct usage would say, 'They know! They are a pro!' when referring to
a single literary agent....

I'm also neither defending nor correcting anyone, but I think even your
expert would agree: sometimes, things are just plain wrong.