[NEohioPAL] Jeffrey Hatcher's Titanic mystery "Scotland Road" opening Friday!

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Oct 12 12:50:46 PDT 2015

  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre

    /OPENING THIS WEEKEND!/

    Scotland Road

*by JEFFREY HATCHER*

**October 16 - October 31, 2015
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM**

*TICKETS: *$12

*Buy online at http://www.CVLT.org
<http://www.cvlt.org?utm_source=NEOPAL&utm_medium=email>
or call 440.247.8955, M-S 1-6 PM
*

*Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chagrin+Valley+Little+Theatre>*

*Directed by LAUREL BRYANT*

The public's fascination with the enigmatic sinking of the RMS Titanic
in 1912 plays a role in the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre production of
Jeffrey Hatcher's SCOTLAND ROAD. The suspenseful play opens the new
season at the River Street Playhouse, with six performances at 8 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays Oct. 16-31. The River Street is CVLT's smaller,
65-seat venue, playing host to more intimate and unusual material than
the 262-seat Main Stage next door.

SCOTLAND ROAD's improbable tale is a delicious game of cat-and-mouse
where no one is what they seem. Set in the 1990s, the mystery swirls
around Winifred (Talia Valline), a beautiful young woman found floating
on an iceberg in the middle of the North Atlantic wearing 19th century
clothing. When rescued, the girl says just one word: "Titanic." Could
she somehow be a survivor of the doomed ship, untouched by decades of time?

An expert on the ship's sinking, played by Vince Sarowatz, tries to get
her to reveal her true identity, assisted in his endeavors by Dr.
Halbrech (Claudia Lillibridge). The reclusive last known living survivor
of the shipwreck, Ms. Kittle (Linda Ryan), is also brought into the mix.

"With the many plot twists and turns, working on SCOTLAND ROAD has been
a thrilling ride," said the show's director Laurel Bryant. "Delving into
each character led my cast and crew into profound discussions on the
complex nature of the human spirit. Each of us holds a secret identity
that we fear will be discovered, but by revealing our secrets, we find
we all share a common bond." The play is produced by Kourtney Daugherty,
with John Hickman and Marissa Gelender managing the stage and technical
aspects.

SCOTLAND ROAD was the 1993 winner of the Lois and Richard Rosenthal
annual New Play Prize. Hatcher's inspiration for the story came from a
tabloid headline: "Titanic Survivor Found on Iceberg," along with a
biography of William Godwin, who had tried to interview an alleged
200-year-old defrosted ice man, only to find it a hoax.

CVLT's River Street Playhouse is located at 56 River St., west of the
main CVLT building in Chagrin Falls. All seats are $12. Call the Box
Office Monday through Saturday 1-6 p.m. at 440-247-8955 or visit the
website at www.CVLT.org.

CVLT is generously funded by Cuyahoga County residents through Cuyahoga
Arts and Culture and supported by the Ohio Arts Council. CVLT is a proud
member of the American Association of Community Theatre

  CVLT.org - 440.247.8955