[NEohioPAL] Ohio City Theatre Project & Theater Ninjas Joint Auditions (4 shows)

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Oct 13 17:48:58 PDT 2015

Ohio City Theatre Project shows: Incendiaries and CodeBreakers &
Theater Ninjas’ Spring shows: Who We Used To Be and Broken Codes

Auditions by appointment in 75-minute slots
Monday October 19th Start time: 6:00 pm or 8:00pm
Please be prepared to stay for the entire 75 minutes

Audition Location and Directions:
The Idea Center at PlayhouseSquare. Rear entrance - 1375 Dodge Court, Cleveland OH 44114.
(Dodge Court (an alley) between E. 13th Street and E. 15th Street Just south of Chester Avenue and the PlayhouseSquare Parking Garage)
Please allow time to find parking and to pay parking meters or paid lots.

Requirements:
Bring 2 copies of your resume and headshot
Any known schedule conflicts for November thru May 2016
Dress comfortably and be prepared to move.
You may be asked to cold read from Incendaries
Bring a prepared monolog (optional)
There are no AEA contracts for either project.  There is a paid stipend for both projects.

Incendiaries
Conceived and Directed by Pandora Robertson
Casting a racially diverse athletic ensemble for Incendiaries conceived and directed by Pandora Robertson, Incendiaries is Ferguson in Cleveland 1966. Based on the Hough race riots, it's a fast-paced muscular work, which critic Christine Howey singled out as "fiercely inventive".

Performances for Incendiaries:
Cleveland Public Theatre Coproduction
January 7 -23
REHEARSALS for Incendiaries: First rehearsal Monday, November 16. Rehearsals are evenings and weekends. The schedule will observe Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Code Breakers
Conceived and Directed by Pandora Robertson
Casting 3 adventurous athletic female actors for new ensemble devised work.  Code Breakers will be a head versus heart drama that drops women mathematicians in a Mad Men world.

Performances and for Code Breakers May 215.
Rehearsals late March and April.

Who We Used To Be
Directed and Devised by Jeremy Paul
Theater Ninjas is looking for several ensemble members for Who We Used To Be, an iterative devised show based on the fables and myths created in our original Prelude The Grand Celebration of the Celestial Mystery. All races, ethnicities and gender identities considered. Performers should have strong movement skills, a sense of humor and be comfortable with playing games with strangers.

Performances for Who We Used To Be will be February 24-28, 2016.
Rehearsals begin January 25, 2016

Broken Codes
Theater Ninjas is looking for performers, movers and esoteric creators to work on the devised production Broken Codes, an interdisciplinary performance about technology, humanity and equality. Broken Codes will be created by multiple artist-creators, and artists may be cast in several pieces. All races, ethnicities, and gender identities considered.

Performances for Broken Codes will be May 5 - 22, 2016.
Rehearsals begin February/March 2016

Please contact rlucas at theaterninjas.com to secure an audition slot or for any additional questions.