[NEohioPAL] "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "The Norwegians" and a new President of the Board - November at CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Oct 31 19:43:35 PDT 2015

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  November 2015 News & Events

www.CVLT.org
<http://www.CVLT.org>440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre>

    Happening in November / December…

  * *November 14 & 15:* Youth Theater Showcase
  * *November 20 - December 19:* CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
    <http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/chittychitty.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaigan=nov2015>
    (Main Stage, Musical)
  * *November 27 - December 12:* THE NORWEGIANS
    <http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/norwegians.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaigan=nov2015>
    (River Street Playhouse, Comedy)
  * *December 5 & 6:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Teas
  * *December 22 & 23:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Wassail
    Concert
  * *December 20 - 28:* Auditions for SPAMALOT
    <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions>

    VOTE YES on ISSUE 8

Over the past eight years, *Chagrin Valley Little Theatre has received
nearly $285,140 in support from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture (CAC)*, and will
have received over $330,000 when our current award ends in 2017. This
money has helped us to hire a full time Technical Director and key other
personnel, and enabled us to continue bringing you the best in community
theater. This type of funding strengthens our community, and enriches
the quality of life in our neighborhoods for people of all ages.

Cuyahoga Arts & Culture is the public funder of arts and culture
organizations, programs and events in Cuyahoga County. CAC's sole
funding source is a dedicated cigarette tax levied within Cuyahoga
County. Established by voters in 2007, CAC has awarded over 1,200 grants
since then, distributing over $125 million in tax dollars to more than
300 organizations based in the County. Renewal of this funding source
will be on the Cuyahoga County ballot on November 3rd.

*We encourage you to vote YES on Issue 8 to help keep organizations like
ours strong and growing!*

    CVLT ELECTS NEW PRESIDENT

At the annual meeting on October 20th, CVLT elected *Chris White* as its
new President of the Board. Tom Neff, who has served as President since
2004, will act as Vice President.

Ms. White has appeared in many productions on our stage and others over
the past decade and beyond, and will combine her first-hand knowledge of
CVLT's artistic side with her business experience to continue our legacy.

She is already hard at work focusing on the theater's long-range plans
and a re-energization of our fund raising and renovation goals.

Welcome, Chris!

    */Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang
    <http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/chittychitty.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2015>/*

*November 20 - December 19, 2015
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Sundays Nov. 22, Nov. 29*** and
Dec. 13 at 2 PM *

*Tickets: * $20 regular / $16 student & Senior

*For information see www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/chittychitty.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/chittychitty.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2015>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by MICHAEL J. ROGAN
Musical Direction by LYNNE PROVANCE
Choreographed by PAMELA LaFORCE

Based on the beloved 1968 film, /Chitty Chitty Bang Bang/ will have
audiences of all ages flying high with its mixture of madness, intrigue
and exuberance. Can a loveable but wacky inventor and his children
outwit the bombastic Baron Bomburst who has decreed that all children be
banished from his kingdom? Can the children avoid the clutches of the
evil Childcatcher? With the help of their friend Truly Scrumptious, the
fantastic titular flying car, and a few wonderful songs by the
award-winning Sherman brothers, it's sure to turn out splendidly in the end!

**** Tickets for the November 29th matinee* are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe <http://www.fows.info>, a 501(c)3
non-profit with the sole mission of generating unrestricted funds for
WomenSafe. serving victims of domestic violence throughout NE Ohio. If
you wish to attend this performance, we encourage you to call (440)
285-3741 for tickets.

    */The Norwegians
    <http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/norwegians.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2015>/*

*November 27 - December 12, 2015*

*Tickets: * $12 all seats
Not recommended for children

*For information see www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/norwegians.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/86thSeason/norwegians.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2015>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by YVONNE E. PILARCZYK

This holiday season, leave the kids at home and head north for laughter
with C. Denby Swanson's playfully dark comedy THE NORWEGIANS, at CVLT's
River Street Playhouse. The River Street is CVLT's smaller second venue,
just west of the main theater building.

Marylee Gotch and Katherine Remick play jilted ladies Olive and Betty,
two former southern women now living in Minnesota. They've hired
Norwegian hit-men Gus (Nick Grimsic) and Tor (Don Knepper) to whack
their ex-boyfriends. These gangsters, it turns out, aren't so great at
what they do...

After the bustle of Thanksgiving is over, give yourself a treat with
this /Fargo/-esque tale that's bound to keep you laughing!

    AUDITIONS for Monty Python's "SPAMALOT" (April 2016)

The hit musical based on the 1975 comedy juggernaut, with songs by Eric
Idle, Neil Innes and John Du Prez, follows King Arthur and his knights
on a hilariously outrageous quest for the Holy Grail.

Director - John Haller
Musical Director - Matthew Dolan
Choreographer - Jen Justice

Complete details at www.cvlt.org/auditions <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions>

*Open Auditions*
Sunday, December 27 & Monday, December 28
7:30 to 10 PM at the CVLT Main Building, 40 River St. Chagrin Falls

*TAPalot Auditions*
Sunday, December 20 & Monday December 21
7:30 to 10 PM at CVLT's River Street Playhouse, 56 River St. Chagrin Falls

Are you auditioning for /Spamalot/?  Want to brush up your tap skills?
More importantly, do you want to learn the EXACT audition routine for
"Bright Side of Life?" Join the Director and Choreographer for two hours
of fun, tapping, music, and frivolity!  A tap warm up and drills will be
taught and then we will learn the tap "break" for "Bright Side of
Life."  Come to one night or come to both!

Call Backs: Wednesday December 30, 6PM to 10 PM - CVLT Main Building, 40
River St. Chagrin Falls

*We want to hear your opinions! Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>*

*CVLT.org • 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://www.Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre> |
Instagram.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture
<http://cuyahogaartsandculture.org/>. The Ohio Arts Council
<http://www.oac.state.oh.us/> helps fund our organization with state tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and
cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. Proud member of the American
Association of Community Theatre <http://www.aact2.org>.