[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Auditions for Honk November 2 and 3 - Hope to see you there!

Pamela Fine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 1 19:10:48 PST 2015

*Heights Youth Theatre is holding auditions for*

*HONK!*

Directed by Kelly Monaghan
Music Directed by Stacy Bolton

*Auditions for anyone in grades 1-12**:*

*Monday, November 2*  – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8
pm to be seen

*Tuesday, November 3*  – open call beginning at 6:00 pm, must be there by 8
pm to be seen

*If you are not available to audition on either of these dates please
e-mail hytstagem at gmail.com <heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com>*

*Callbacks* – by invitation only on Thursday, November 5th

*Location: * Monticello Middle School Auditorium, 3665 Monticello Blvd.,
Cleveland Heights 44121

Please note: All rehearsals and performances will be at Monticello Middle
School.

*Casting Information:*

All roles are available. HYT is committed to non-traditional
casting.  Actors will be cast solely on the basis of talent, except in
cases where age, race or physical ability is essential to a role.

___________________

*WHAT TO PREPARE:*

*Grades 6-12*

   1. On selection in the style of the show up to a minute in length (ie-
   one verse and one chorus).
   2. Accompanist provided (no acapella singing) Bring complete sheet music.
   3. Come prepared to move.

*Grades 4-5*

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from *Different* or *Look at Him *(we
   will help you practice a little before you sing alone)

*Different*

*I'm just different but I have a sense of pride.*
*My looks may well be funny but I hurt the same inside.*
*Different isn't spiteful, different isn't wrong.*
*So why is it so hard to get along?*

*Look at Him*

*Look at him, legs are bandy and the knees are knocked.*
*Look at him, Dad was obviously eggshell shocked.*
*Bet the neighbors scream and howl when they see our brood.*
*He's the foulest waterfowl, why are you so rude?*

   1. Come prepared to move.

*Grades 1-3*

   1. Please learn the following lyrics from* Look at Him* (we will help
   you practice a little before you sing alone)

*Look at Him Look at him, look at us, see the difference*
   *Look at him, look at us, where's the match?*

*Sometimes we find it is kinder if some eggs never hatch. *
   2. Come prepared to move.

*Please bring headshot or photo (Resume optional) and fill out audition
form, found at the top of the audition page on the website, prior to coming
to audition.  *To download and complete audition form visit
www.heightsyouththeatre.com/heights-youth-theatre-audition-production-info.html

*Rehearsals begin: * Monday, November 9. Rehearsals will be Mon-Fri,
5:00-8:00 or 8:30 PM. You will not be called every day, only when you are
needed to work. Attendance at ALL tech week rehearsals as well as all
performances is mandatory.

*Production Dates**:*

Friday, January 15 & 22, 2016, 7 PM
Saturday, January 16 & 23, 2016, 2 PM
Sunday, January 17 & 24, 2016, 2 PM

*About the show:*Honk! is a musical adaptation of the Hans Christian
Andersen story The Ugly Duckling, incorporating a message of tolerance. The
book and lyrics are by Anthony Drewe and music is by George Stiles (of the
British songwriting duo Stiles and Drewe). The musical is set in the
countryside and features Ugly – a cygnet who is mistaken as an ugly
duckling upon falling into his mother's nest and is rejected by everyone
but Ida (his mother), a sly tomcat who only befriends him out of hunger,
and several other barnyard characters.  The musical debuted at The
Watermill Theatre in England in 1993. The West End production opened in
1999 and won the 2000 Olivier Award for Best Musical.

*More info visit: *www.heightsyouththeatre.org