[NEohioPAL] LCCC Theatre Presents THE DIVINERS (revised)

Jeremy Benjamin via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Nov 4 10:39:12 PST 2015

LCCC Theatre Department presents
The Diviners
by Jim Leonard Jr.
Directed by Dave Cotton

Performance Dates: November 19, 20 and 21
Curtain: 8:00 pm

This marvelously theatrical play is the story of a disturbed young man and
his friendship with a disenchanted preacher in southern Indiana in the early
1930s.

In Jim Leonard Jr's gothic prairie melodrama, a disillusioned Kentucky
preacher named C.C. Showers takes work on a farm in a fictional hamlet named
Zion - population forty - where the local soothsayer is a raving teenage
boy. The youth has been abnormally terrified of water since age four when
his mother drowned saving him. Miraculously, Buddy seems to have been left
with a gift: he can locate precious underground aquifers. Buddy is a
diviner. The two become fast friends and C.C. soon finds himself acting as
Buddy's mentor and teacher. He seems to be able to relate to Buddy in ways
that most people can't. Shortly after settling in, C.C. reveals that he is a
former preacher who has lost faith in his vocation. That knowledge changes
everything. The townsfolk have been praying for a preacher. The conflict of
interests soon evolves into a crisis that leads to a great tragedy.

The Diviners is presented in the Stocker Arts Center¹s Cirigliano Studio
Theatre on the campus of Lorain County Community College, 1005 N. Abbe Road,
Elyria, OH  44035

Tickets: $8/Adults; $7/LCCC Students, Staff & Seniors 65+; $6/Groups of 15
or more.
For more information and/or to purchase tickets, come to the Stocker Arts
Center Box Office, which is open weekdays from 12 noon to 6:00pm, call (440)
366-4040 or (800) 995-5222 ext. 4040 during those hours, or purchase online
at www.stockerartscenter.com.

Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Director of Theatre
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

³After all of our studies we acquire only that which we put into practice.²

-Goethe