[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Presents Sam Shepard's AGES OF THE MOON. Opens Friday!

Ensemble Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 8 10:07:06 PST 2015

Ensemble Theatre continues its 36th MainStage Season with *Sam
Shepard's *wickedly
funny play...

*AGES OF THE MOON.*
Directed by *Stephen Vasse-Hansell.      *

Give thanks with Ensemble Theatre as we present this NE Ohio Premiere from
American Master Sam Shepard.  Byron and Ames are old friends, reunited
after a desperate phone call.  Over bourbon on ice, they sit, reflect and
bicker until fifty years of love, friendship and rivalry are put to the
test at the barrel of a gun. A powerful play about love, aging and the
things we don't say to each other. At once raucously funny and
heartbreakingly poetic, Ages of the Moon reaches down into our collective
guts and touches the humanity, joy and pain we all experience.

"A poignant and honest continuation of themes that have always been present
in the work of one of this country's most important dramatists, here
reconsidered in the light and shadow of time passed."
*-NY Times.*

"The back and forth between the two is classic Sam Shepard—a mixture of
humor, hostility and something that is at once folksy and dark. The
language is pure poetry that seems to wrap up the characters in a strange,
solitary song that is all their own. The tension between the desolation of
the present and their dueling reminiscences of a rich past seems to cast
Ames and Bryon into a universe that is limitless and lonely—their voices
their only refuge against the encroaching, infinite darkness." *-DC Theatre
Scene.  *

*With and Amazing cast of CLEVELAND actors! *
*Allan Byrne* *as Ames.
*Allen Branstein *as Bryon
**(Member of Actors' Equity Association) *

*Production Team:*
*Production Stage Manager: *Becca Moseley
*Lighting Design: *Steven Barton
*Set Design/Technical Director: *Stephen Vasse-Hansell
*Sound Design: *Stephen Vasse-Hansell & Ian Hinz.

This productions opens *Friday November 13th *and runs through *Sunday
December 6th.  *
*Ensemble's MainStage Theatre.  *
Fridays & Saturdays *@8pm*. Sundays *@2pm*.

*Tickets $12-$24.  *
Purchase tickets by phone:
*216-321-2930 <216-321-2930>*Email:
*tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>*Online:
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/>*

*Opening weekend special!  BOGO!  *
*Buy One and Get One for opening weeknd!  *
*Enter discount BOGO online or mention at the door!*

*Pay what YOU CAN performance Sunday November 15th.  *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience! *

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
216-321-2930/216-202-0938
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*