[NEohioPAL] Reminder: "Well Beings' a play about the perils of heroin addiction to open at Tri-C West tomorrow!

Gloor, Fred via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Nov 12 07:41:43 PST 2015

"Well Beings", Greg Vovos' frank look at the degradation and perils of heroin addiction, on November 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st at 8 pm and November 15th and 22nd at 2 pm in the Western Campus Theatre located at 11000 Pleasant Valley Road in Parma, Ohio.

CAST:

Anton - Madison Pauley
Mary (Mom) - Rocky Encalada
John (Dad) - Tony Zanoni
Holly - Kennedy Ellis
Jack - Jon Hues
Ella - Grace Guyot
Echo - Carter Ellis
Gravedigger - Jimmy Green
Man/Minion - Mike Aponte
Jesse/Terrence - Andre' D. Herron, Jr.
Vince/Minion - Colin Kennat
Checkers/Minion - Mohammed Abedrabbo
About the Play: A few years back Greg Vovos was commissioned by the Theatre for Healthy Living to write a play that could travel to high schools that would warn students about the dangers of heroin. Through research on that play, in which Mr. Vovos interviewed many recovering addicts, both men and women, he was struck by how smart, caring, funny, and self-aware these people were. He was blown away by how misguided his original conception of the user was. And he was distraught over the fact that our community was losing so many people who had much to contribute. So he wanted to write a play that could tell this story about heroin -- an epidemic that is hitting our NE Ohio community harder than most around the country -- so our community could begin an informed conversation to confront this epidemic, armed with understanding and empathy so we could find healing.

Synopsis: After being booted from a recovery center, Anton returns home to what his mother and father hope will be his journey to recovery, but the Echo in his head and his need for heroin make that incredibly difficult. Meanwhile, Jack surprises Holly when he informs her that he wants to get clean so they can have a bright future together. But Holly has little interest in a future without heroin, despite her love for Jack. Looming over all these characters is the Gravedigger who has the unfortunate task of burying the dead.  A mix between "Our Town" and "Death of a Salesman", this sometimes absurd, sometimes all-too-real drama examines one of the biggest crises facing our society today.

Panel Discussion: On November 19th at 6:30 PM there will be a panel discussion of experts in the field of heroin addiction and treatment as well as individuals that have been impacted greatly by this addiction.  Please join us for the discussion,  light refreshments, and the show that evening.

Disclaimer: "Well Beings" is an unflinching look at heroin addiction, and the depths to which those caught in its grasp will sink.  This includes graphic language and simulated sex (prostitution).  These are not gratuitous, but rather made to show the frank nature of the degradation that heroin addiction causes.

We also need ushers for each evening's performance.  To usher go to http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=t.SignupStats&memberid=30085916&listid=6283204 and sign up for a slot, volunteers receive two complimentary tickets for ushering.

[facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/westtheatre#!/tricwesttheatre>