[NEohioPAL] "White Christmas" Opens Tomorrow!

dave banks via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Nov 12 03:20:51 PST 2015

The Walsh Jesuit High School CenterStage Theatre will present Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas,” November 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22.  Friday and Saturday performances are at 7:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday matinees are at 2:00 pm.  The music and lyrics are by Irving Berlin and the show is based upon the Paramount Pictures film written for the screen by Norman Krasna, Norman Panama and Melvin Frank. The book is by David Ives and Paul Blake.

The story has veterans Bob Wallace and Phil Davis, who perform a  successful song-and-dance act after World War II. With romance in mind, the two follow a duo of beautiful singing sisters en route to their Christmas show at a Vermont lodge, which just happens to be owned by Bob and Phil's former army commander. The dazzling score features well known standards including Blue Skies, I Love A Piano, How Deep Is the Ocean and the perennial favorite, White Christmas. WHITE CHRISTMAS is an uplifting musical that the entire family can enjoy. We have a cast of 34, a crew of 25, and a live orchestra of 22 that includes 10 professionals sitting in with our string ensemble and other student musicians! David Banks directs the show, and he has been with CenterStage Theatre for 15 years.

Our cast includes John Joyce from Akron as Bob Wallace, Mathew Blasio from Sagamore Hills as Phil Davis, Brooke Vespoli of Strongsville as Betty Haynes, and Emma Sample from Akron as Judy Haynes. The role of Martha “the megaphone” Watson is played by Samantha Toth of Akron, General Waverly is portrayed by Robert Trushel of Stow, and Susan Waverly is played by Halle Dray from University Heights. Brad Rinehart from Copley plays Sheldrake and also has written an original one act play titled “Nunthing Like The Holidays” that will be performed before our show! Tickets are $12 for adults, and $8 for students and Senior Citizens. You can purchase them online at http://www.walshjesuit.org/component/civicrm/?task=civicrm/event/info&reset=1&id=99