[NEohioPAL] Canal Fulton Players- Alice in Wonderland opens tonight

David Van Gaasbeek via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Nov 13 07:47:49 PST 2015

Alice in Wonderland
Produced by David Van Gaasbeek
Directed by Sandra Schmeltzer
November 13-15, 20-22, 2015
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm
Sundays at 3:00 pm
Northwest High School
Puffenberger Auditorium
8580 Erie North, Canal Fulton, Ohio
Admission- $12.00 for adults, $10.00 for seniors and children under 12
“I’m late, I’m late for a very important date,” is the key line in Lewis J. Carroll’s wonderful story of a girl who falls down a rabbit hole and enters a wonderful land appropriately called “Wonderland.” The Canal Fulton Players are proud to announce that they will be presenting the Musical Theatre International musical, Alice in Wonderland, on November 13-15, 20-22, 2015 at Puffenberger Auditorium, Northwest High School, 8580 Erie Road North, Canal Fulton. Friday and Saturday night performances will be at 7:30 pm. Sunday matinees will be at 3:00 pm. Admission will be $12.00 for adults and $10.00 for seniors and children under the age of 12.
Artistic Director Sandra Schmeltzer is excited over this year’s musical which has forty actors and actresses in the cast. “The cast is simply wonderful and they are progressing well musically under the direction of Music Director Steve Miller,” Sandra said. Steve was the Music Director for Once Upon a Mattress which was presented in May, 2009. One of the people he directed in that play was Sandra Schmeltzer who played the Evil Queen. Both are happy to be working together again.
The choreographer for this play will be Anita Artzner who has been choreographing plays for the Players since 2009 when she not only directed Pride and Prejudice but choreographed the dances that the Bennett sisters danced with their suitors. Anita choreographed The Wizard of Oz and The King and I. She is looking forward to teaching many of the new actors and actresses the dances connected with Alice.
For further information and tickets, call 330-494-1022 or 330-854-4387.
The cast for this Musical Theatre International production is:
Alice			Hunter Rapp
Rabbit			Jacob Sustersic
French Mouse		Kylie Collmar
Duck			Jamie Mayfield