[NEohioPAL] Audition for Great Lakes Light Opera!

Great Lakes Light Opera via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Nov 13 11:28:43 PST 2015

Do you love opera? Would you like to join a fresh, professional opera
company here in Cleveland? Then please come out and audition for the Great
Lakes Light Opera!

Who: Any singer who loves opera.

What: You are auditioning for our upcoming productions and performances
from January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016. Please come prepared with
availability (i.e. vacations, work schedules, etc). Please note that we do
not focus our efforts on traditional, full-length productions, but rather
themed concerts, educational children’s programming, and other "portable"
endeavors. That said, we did produce both de Falla's *La Vida Breve* and
Menotti's *The Medium* during our 2015 season.

Where: Cleveland Heights (Location will be distributed with your audition
confirmation)

When: Sunday, December 13th from 2:30p-4:30p by appointment only.

To reserve an audition, please email GreatLakesLightOpera1 at gmail.com with a
current resume, headshot, and 3 contrasting arias or art songs you plan to
sing.

I look forward to hearing you sing!

Megan Thompson

Executive Director, Great Lakes Light Opera

GreatLakesLightOpera1 at gmail.com

www.GreatLakesLightOpera.com <http://www.greatlakeslightopera.com/>

The Great Lakes Light Opera seeks to offer Cleveland an educational and
outreach-focused/oriented opera company that connects with all audiences,
from the seasoned opera-goer to those with no previous exposure to
classical music of any kind. We will achieve this mission by:

*Reaching out to atypical venues in order to perform “portable” concerts of
opera scenes and other vocal art music.

*Educating audiences of all ages by presenting lecture recitals, which give
the audience/performers an opportunity to connect with the
text/history/theory behind classical music.

*Programming unique operas, concerts, and revues with the aim of piquing
the interest of the community.

*Mining Cleveland’s rich community of artists and musicians who are equally
committed to de-mystifying and revitalizing the traditional art music scene.