[NEohioPAL] Review of "Bob: A Life in Five Acts" at convergence-continuum

Bob Abelman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Nov 22 13:49:54 PST 2015

con-con’s delightful ‘Bob’ turns epic poetry on its ear

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Member, International Association of Theatre Critics

“Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide….   Many cities did he visit; moreover he suffered much by sea while trying to save his own life and bring his men safely home…  Tell me about all these things, O daughter of Jove, from whatsoever source you may know them.”

So begins “The Odyssey,” Homer’s classic tale about the monumental deeds performed during the significant life of a memorable hero.  And with a sly wink, a cunning tongue and a nod to the epic poetry of ancient Greece, so too begins Peter Sinn Nachtrieb’s very clever comedy, now on stage at convergence-continuum.

But in “Bob: A Life in Five Acts,” our hero is no Odysseus.

For more of this review, go to www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/.