[NEohioPAL] BCT Audition Announcement - Cinderella

Amanda Zisk via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Nov 24 04:40:07 PST 2015

*Audition Announcement*

         Buckeye Community Theatre announces auditions for

Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic

*Cinderella*

Performances: April 28, 29, 30, 2016 @ 7:30 pm
May 1, 2016 @ 2:00 pm

Rehearsals at Buckeye Elementary School in Medina
Performances at Medina High School Middle Stage

*Audition Dates:*Tuesday January 26, or Thursday January 28, 2016.
*Time:* Children may sign up for one 45-minute time slot between 5:30-9:00
pm
*Where*: Buckeye Elementary School
Music Room
3180 Columbia Rd,
Medina OH 44256

*Audition Requirements:*
Please prepare *18-22 bars of music in the style of the show *(please do
not sing a song directly from Cinderella), *and a one minute monologue* showing
a great example of characterization (i.e., choose something that will
showcase your expression and your ability to create a strong character).

Bring sheet music with you so our Music Director can provide
accompaniment *with
clear markings where you will begin and end*, and be prepared to perform
your monologue multiple ways. Please memorize your song and your monologue,
and  do not sing acapella.

*Important Notes*

   - Auditions are open to any child age 6-18.  Although this musical has a
   large cast (30+ children), not every child who auditions will receive a
   part.
   - Rehearsals will be Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning February
   1 from 6-8pm. Not every cast member will be needed for every rehearsal
   (except for Thursdays, which will consistently be music rehearsals). As we
   get closer to the show we will add in Wednesday evenings in April, if
   needed.
   - We will ask for all conflicts between Feb 1- May 1 on your audition
   form. Please bring your calendars with you to fill this section out as
   completely as possible. Having conflicts will not prevent you from being
   cast, but it will give the Director an idea of the commitment you can make
   to the show.

*Ready to Sign Up?*
To sign up for a time slot, please e-mail the Director, Amanda Zisk,
at *amandamarie8 at gmail.com
<amandamarie8 at gmail.com>*. The subject of the email should be "Cinderella
Audition - child's name". In the body of the email, please include:

   - child's name and age
   - parent name
   - parent's email
   - parent's phone
   - preferred audition day and time (Tuesday or Thursday, 5:30-6:15,
   6:20-7:05,7:10-7:55, 8:00-8:45)

You will receive a confirmation email with further information.

We are excited to start this magical fairytale with you!

Have a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo-tiful day!

BCT Staff