[NEohioPAL] "10 Most Memorable Moments in Cleveland Theater, 2015 Edition"

Bob Abelman via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Dec 13 06:52:50 PST 2015

10 Most Memorable Moments in Cleveland Theater, 2015 Edition

Bob Abelman

Cleveland Jewish News, The News Herald, The Morning Journal

Member, International Association of Theatre Critics

 When we reflect back on a live theatrical production, it is usually a specific moment that we recall – an instant when a playwright’s idea, a director’s vision, or an actor’s performance surpasses an audience’s expectations.

Such moments seem frozen in time and suspended in space.  It is these isolated, elusive and brilliant moments that keep theatergoers coming back for more, year after year, and win over the next generation of patrons.

Theatrical missteps and creative miscarriages are similarly memorable and, for the audience if not the performers or production staff, they are just as entertaining.  Awe can be found in work both awesome and awful.

Here are ten of this past year’s most memorable moments – both fantastic and unfortunate – from productions that have graced Cleveland’s stages.

For more of this review, go to www.clevelandjewishnews.com/columnists/.