[NEohioPAL] Mailing list request- Title: Audition for Harmonious, Cleveland's newest professional A Cappella group!

Jacob Damsky via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Dec 14 06:00:06 PST 2015

I've never submitted to NEohioPAL before so I'm not sure how much detail to
provide, but I will just attach all of the information. Please let me know
if I should cut this down or if I should provide any additional materials.

Thank you!
Jacob

Have you been feeling a severe lack of A Cappella around the Cleveland
area? Are you an ex-A Cappella singer from school and miss the feeling of
sinking into that perfect blend? Are you someone who has always wanted to
show off their shower-singing skills to the world? Or are you just an avid
A Cappella enthusiast who wishes there was so much more A Cappella music to
go around? Well we have the solution..

We are *Harmonious*, Cleveland's soon to be newest professional A Cappella
group!

We are founded by Jacob Damsky and Michael Crowley, two A Cappella lovers
who crave being in a group again, surrounded by amazing singers, and
sharing their passion and music with everyone!

We will be hosting auditions this weekend and we want to get the group up
and running ASAP! Auditions will be open to anyone and we are looking to
fill all voice parts as well as vocal percussion. Additionally, if you have
any experience writing or arranging music for A Cappella, or directing past
groups, those are a huge plus!
Auditions will be 10-15 minutes and will be held at the Blank Canvas
Theater (1305 W 78th St Suite 211, Cleveland, OH 44102) on December 19th
(3:00-5:30 PM) and 20th (3:00-6:00 PM). For the audition please prepare two
contrasting 30 second songs to sing without accompaniment. If you are
interested, please comment on the page with your preferred time and we will
let you know if it is available.

Check out our Facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/
HarmoniousCLE/?fref=ts

We can't wait to find the best talent Cleveland has to offer!

Here are bios for Jacob and Michael:

*Jacob Damsky* is the former co-musical director and business manager of
the Vassar Devils, one of Vassar College’s premier a cappella groups. Jacob
graduated with a major in Biology this past spring and moved to Cleveland
for work. He is a baritone but sang both tenor and bass in the group, while
also receiving classical vocal coaching in the bass/baritone range for four
years. The Vassar Devils have recently become known for making it to the
ICCA finals last year and appearing on Pop Tv’s, ”Sing it On” reality TV
show based on the competition. Throughout the course of the competition the
Devils won six awards in total, including two awards for best arrangements
and two for best choreography. The Devils have performed in multiple venues
all over the North East, and were recently invited to perform for the
President and First Lady at the White House holiday reception this year.
Jacob is active in the Cleveland musical theater community and also
occasionally performs at open mic nights around the city either alone or
with his band.

*Michael Crowley* is a former four year member of the Kent State's premier
a cappella group the Kent Clarks. As a member of the Kent Clarks, he served
as the tenor section leader while studying for his BFA in Musical Theatre.
The Kent Clarks have performed for the President, First Lady, and their
guests at the White House last Christmas, as well as for the nation last
May on the Today Show. The Clarks also appeared at the ICCAs in 2013 Great
Lakes Quarterfinal placing 4th, and again in 2013 placing 3rd. He is an
active member of the Cleveland theatre community but will be picking up his
roots and relocating to NYC in the new year.