[NEohioPAL] Press Release

Lisa Carter via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jan 1 06:42:22 PST 2016

Finian's Rainbow Jr.

The Olde Towne Hall Theatre will be giving a FREE performance of Finian's
Rainbow Jr. January 8,9, @ 7:30 at the Olde Towne Hall Theatre, 36119
Center Ridge Road, North Ridgeville. Donations will be accepted at the door
as the youth our getting ready to go back down to Atlanta for an
international competition. True Irish dancing, music, and other forms of
dance and music will take place.  Please attend and help support this award
winning team!

Moon Over Buffalo
Auditions for Moon over Buffalo are set for February 7, 2016 from 1-3 and
February 8, 2016 from 7-9 at the theatre. Our address is 36119 Center Ridge
Rd. North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039. Phone is 440-327-2909

Moon Over Buffalo is a raucous farce about a dysfunctional theater troupe
performing at the Erlander Theatre in Buffalo, New York, in 1953. The diva
lead actress, Charlotte Hay, is barely tolerant of her philandering
semi-alcoholic husband, George, and mishaps and confusions arise for the
company when presented the opportunity of famed film director Frank Capra
attending a performance to possibly cast the two for a movie.

Their temperamental daughter Rosalind splits time between fiancé Howard and
ex-fiancé Paul, who works as the company’s stage manager. Charlotte’s
nearly-deaf mother, Ethel, and Richard, a would-be suitor for Charlotte,
make their contributions to the mayhem as Eileen, a young actress in the
company, reveals her pregnancy to all.

The hopeful actors sprint through the tangle of confusion to produce a
woefully misbegotten mixture of two different plays in their hoped-for
presentation piece, and in the play’s climactic scene, manage to set
everything right by still more series of coincidences and mishaps. Overall,
Moon over Buffalo is a fast-paced and energetic night of entertainment.

· What will happen on audition day? We’ll warm up with some improvisation
exercises and examine your ability to take direction. We’ll do some
physicality exercises and examine your ability to perform some of the
physical stunts as well as see how convincing you are as a drunk. We’ll do
some vocal exercises and listen to your high-British accents and stage
voice.

Finally, we’ll do some readings from the script. This process may be
different than other auditions in that your ability to read a piece of
paper is of less importance than your ability to take direction and develop
an onstage character.

George Hay-50ish
Lead actor at a repertory theater. The actor must be able to do strong
physical comedy which could include pratfalls, running, stage slaps,stage
combat (fencing), etc.

Charlotte Hay-50ish
George's wife and actress in his troupe. Physical role requiring good
hand/eye coordination (fencing).

Ethel-70ish
Charlotte's nearly-deaf mother. Grumpy, trouble-maker, gets in George's
face, woman with a huge, balanced stage presence and strong comedic skills.

Rosalind (Roz) Hay-20-30
George & Charlotte's daughter, who left the stage to lead a "normal" life.
Must be able to do strong physical comedy. Requires heavy make-out scene
with Paul and must be able to do an upper-class British accent.

Howard-Early 30s
A TV weatherman and Rosalind's fiancé. Must be able to do strong physical
comedy.

Eileen-20-30
An actress in George's company who was George's "one-night-stand." Pretty,
flighty and naïve.

Paul-Early 30s
The stage manager for George's company. The actor must be able to do strong
physical comedy and Roz’s ex-fiancé. Requires a heavy make-out scene with
Roz and must be able to do an upper-class British accent.

Richard-50ish
A love sick lawyer who is courting Charlotte. Very well dressed stiff,
arrogant uppity lawyer type with smooth polish.

Show dates: April 22, 23, 29, 30, and May 1, 6, 7
Show times: 7:30 p.m. (Except May 1st is at 3 p.m.)

*Lisa L. Carter*
elprofecarter at gmail.com

--
*Lisa L. Carter*