[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players "The Laramie Project" Opens January 28

Workshop Players via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Jan 15 19:38:36 PST 2016

Workshop Players present The Laramie Project by Moises Kaufman, directed by
Rebecca Frick.

Laramie, Wyoming, population 26,687. Laramie, often referred to as the “gem
city of the plains”, was the site of the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard,
a 21 year-old gay University of Wyoming student. On October 6, 1998, he was
found tied to a buck fence, beaten and unconscious.

*The Laramie Project* is a play by Moises Kaufman and the members of the
Tectonic Theatre Project. “On November 14, 1998, members of Tectonic
Theatre Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, and conducted interviews with
the people of the town.” The play is “edited from those interviews, as well
as from journal entries by members of the company.” (The Laramie Project,
"Introduction") The Play is about the town of Laramie, its citizens, and
their reaction to Matthew Shepard’s murder.

As one of the investigating officers, Sergeant Hing stated: “How could this
happen? I—I think a lot of people just don’t understand, and even I don’t
really understand, how someone can do something like that. We have one of
the most vocal populations of gay people in the state . . . and it’s pretty
much: Live and let live.”

The 9 actors in the cast portray 60+ characters. The cast includes: David
Boyce, Ryanne Fury, Kyle Huff, David Huntermark, Shelbey Linder, Caroline
Meister, Pat Price, Kristina Rivera and Terry Smith.

*Parental Advisory*: This play contains language and situations that may be
offensive to some audience members.

*The Laramie Project* runs January 28th - February 14th. Call the Box
Office for tickets 440-988-5613.

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
contact at workshopplayers.com
www.workshopplayers.com

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"