[NEohioPAL] Burning River Baroque presents "Forces of Good at Evil: The Colorful Lives of Composers"

Malina Rauschenfels via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jan 20 16:34:50 PST 2016

*Burning River Baroque* presents
"Forces of Good at Evil: The Colorful Lives of Composers"

two nights only: donations accepted
*Saturday, January 23rd, 7:30 p.m.*
St. Alban Episcopal Church
2555 Euclid Heights Blvd.

*Sunday, January 24th, 3 p.m.*
Mary Queen of Peace
4423 Pearl Road

It can be easy to presume that the extraordinarily talented classical
composers we know and love led personal lives that were as pristine as
their professional successes. Even the greatest artists, however, must live
with the human condition. It can be easy to presume that the
extraordinarily talented classical composers we know and love led personal
lives that were as pristine as their professional successes. Even the
greatest artists, however, must live with the human condition. In a program
that parallels the goodness found in music with the inevitable
nefariousness that exists in the world, Burning River Baroque will explore
music by composers whose lives were colored with drama and scandal
alongside of works by those who led more honorable lives. Regardless of
whether their behavior is deemed as questionable or virtuous by us today,
their music remains exquisite enough to stand the test of time.

Come hear works of Purcell, Barrière, Merula, Forqueray and Stradella!

Malina Rauschenfels, soprano and cello
Paula Maust, harpsichord

http://www.burning-river-baroque.org/