[NEohioPAL] Seeking advice

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Jan 27 22:16:08 PST 2016

I have a 16 yr old who is studying Opera with a voice coach. It has been recommended by college professors and current working Opera Professionals that she attend an intensive summer conservatory such as Interlochen. The issue I have is that I support a family of 4 on a teachers salary and pay for the voice lessons with my tax return. Interlochen costs $9000 for a six week high intensive course which would help her prepare for college and college auditions. There are other conservatory courses that are half the cost (some reputable and some not). Even with financial aid the out if pocket cost would be more than I could afford.

So I am seeking advice on how to find funding for her. Here is a list of obstacles:
Live in a small town that doesn't allow door to door sales unless you are the school or scouts.
Not permitted to sell anything in school that's not for school. The school can not help!
We do NOT belong to a church.
I have looked for grants and have been unable so far to locate ones that fit our needs.
Family doesn't have money to give.
Friends live an hour away and don't travel to our town for parties that offer free drinks, they won't travel here for a concert/fundraiser.
I've had a GoFundMe page offering gifts at different levels for almost 2years and have raised $0!
Thank you for any and all information
Autumn

Sent from my iPad