[NEohioPAL] Commercial Casting

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sun Jan 31 18:10:36 PST 2016

I couldn't agree more. Looks like Mr. So-And-So has set the pace when casting actors to do a channel 5 commercial for free a while back. Now a doctor is following suit by looking for actors to work sans pay on a commercial shoot to be aired on channel 3, a doctor? Really?

The audacity of what I call, these "theatrical pimps" amazes me. And for those so called "actors" that will do it, they ruin the chance of other actors trying to make a living with their craft, by setting the pace of working for free. If everybody refuses free work, then they'll have no choice to pay us. Wake up and stop being sheep, stand up for yourself and refuse these slave-ads because THE DAYS OF SLAVERY ARE OVER!

Still can't wrap your mind around this yet? Well look at it this way, for every job like this that an actor takes, that's one less meal on a family's table, or paid bill, of their fellow thespian. And if you perform merely as a hobby and will work for free, go join a community theater group and leave the professional opportunities to the professionals, your cheapening the acting community.

Sincerely,
Billy Wa