[NEohioPAL] Submissions for "Artists' Choice: Black Box Series" at Coach House Theatre

Nancy Cates via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri Feb 12 11:55:06 PST 2016

Coach House Theatre is accepting submissions for our 2016-17 Season Artists'
Choice: Black Box Series

Coach House Theatre is a small, 93-seat proscenium theatre in downtown
Akron, with an 89 year performance history.  Every season we present a five
show Subscription Series, four Elder Theatre Series rehearsed readings, and
an Artists' Choice: Black Box show, designed to add a more contemporary and
edgy element to our traditional programming.  We encourage potential
directors to submit a proposal for script of artistic merit, which meets the
following requirements:

-- Performance rights available

-- Small cast

-- Minimal technical requirements (sets, costumes, lights, sound)

-- Able to be both rehearsed and performed on the set of the current
Subscription Series show, with rehearsals coordinated around performances,
as necessary.

Application deadline: March 15

Previous Artists' Choice: Black Box Series shows have included:

Danny and the Deep Blue Sea

Lone Star

Four Dogs and a Bone

Winning submission will be selected by Artistic Director/Board of Director
Committee.

For full application requirements, please respond to this posting at:

 <mailto:NancyCates at ohioshakespeare.com> NancyCates at ohioshakespeare.com