[NEohioPAL] Teen Auditions TODAY & WEDNESDAY for GODSPELL at St. Ignatius High SchoolESDAY for GO

Patrick Ciamacco via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Feb 15 21:43:29 PST 2016

*All high school females from ANY school are encouraged to audition!*

Saint Ignatius High School

Auditions for

*GODSPELL*

Book by John-Michael Tebelak

Music & Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz

*Directed by Patrick Ciamacco*

*Music Direction by Matt Dolan*

*Choreography by Katie Zarecki*

*Sign Up:* Email pciamacco at ignatius.edu to sign up for *one* of the below
dates and include your *ideal* date and time for auditioning. Otherwise we
will just assign you the best available slot. We will do our best to
accommodate you.

*Audition Date:* Tuesday February 16th and Wednesday February 17th

**If we need callbacks they will be Thursday February 18th (by invite only)*

*Time:* 3:30pm – 5:00pm each day

*(Time slots will be assigned based on first request. Audition times will
be every 5 minutes. If you did not sign up but want to attend you can just
show up and we'll fit you in as soon as possible.)*

*What to prepare:* Please prepare two contrasting 32 bars or short songs in
a contemporary musical theatre style. Please bring sheet music in the
correct key. An accompanist will be provided.

*Performance Dates:* April 15th, 16th & 17th.

*Rehearsals:* Will begin March 7th and will be Monday – Thursday from
3:30-6:30.

*         *additional dates may be added based on cast conflicts.*

*Audition Location: *St. Ignatius High School Breen Center

                            2008 W 30th St. Cleveland, OH 44113

*The Story*

Based on the Gospel According to St. Matthew, and featuring a sparkling
score by Stephen Schwartz, *GODSPELL* boasts a string of well-loved songs,
led by the international hit, "Day By Day." As the cast performs "Prepare
Ye The Way Of The Lord," "Learn Your Lessons Well," "All For The Best,"
"All Good Gifts," "Turn Back, O Man" and "By My Side," the parables of
Jesus Christ come humanly and hearteningly to life.

*Character Breakdown*

*Godspell *is an ENSEMBLE show, and with the exception of Jesus who acts
mainly as a facilitator and less of a performer there are no leads. The
dramatic weight of the show is equally divided among the principal cast
members. We will be deciding casting based on our concept and those who
audition.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at pciamacco at ignatius.edu
<Patrick at blankcanvastheatre.com>. We look forward to seeing you at auditions
!