[NEohioPAL] Audition for casting a short film

Jacob Edward Black via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Feb 17 12:30:52 PST 2016

Auditions for casting a short film

The writer/director of Midnight to 4am is looking for six people to help make a military style drama. This project is an unpaid and non-union, but meals will beprovided on the days we shoot.

Actors who I’m seeking to cast are:

SEAN MORGAN: mid-late 20’s; he is a former U.S. Navy Sailor, he has just returned home from his last tour in Afghanistan, and he has witnessed and experienced some horrible, unholy things while he was over there.

PATRICK O’CONNOR: mid-late 20’s; he is Sean’s next door neighbor and friend. Patrick has known Sean his whole life. However, he does not know what Sean went through while he was in the military, but shortly finds out.

MARY: mid-late 20’s; she is Sean’s off-and-on again girlfriend and she cares for Sean, maybe too much at times. In her heart of hear she wants to make it work. She can see past all of Sean’s flaws, deep down she knows he’s a good guy.

AMANDA: mid-late 20’s; she is Mary’s best friend, she is concerned that Mary doesn’t think rationally sometimes because she keeps getting back with Sean each time he comes home. Each time Sean breaks her heart, Amanda is there to pick up the pieces.

DAD: mid 40’s-early 50’s; this is Sean’s dad, ever since the death of his wife he tries to keep Sean save because he doesn’t want to lose him too. Sean’s dad is retired; he mostly stays at home and to himself. However, he likes watching the History Channel, The Military Channel, and the USA Network because he enjoys watching re-runs of NCIS.

PERSONAL SECURITY DETACHMENT (PSD) Officer: early 30’s-mid 40’s can be male or female; Personal Security Detachment Officer in Afghanistan, she/he as the unenviable task of calling Sean with some bad news about his time in Afghanistan.

Auditions can be made available to me through video using your smart phones or will be made by appointment through e-mail and arranged accordingly. All potential cast members please provide a headshot and a handpicked monologue you wish to perform during your audition. I will be filming each person’s performances so that I can make my decision on the actors and actresses I choose.

If interested please contact me at: jblack13 at mail.bw.edu<mailto:jblack13 at mail.bw.edu>.

Sent from my iPhone