[NEohioPAL] Broadway Dance Sign Ups Ages 7 through Adult

Amy Hanratty via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Feb 22 19:55:26 PST 2016

  2016 SPRING DANCE CLASSESAges: 7-AdultSIGN UP NOW     online    www.voice-variations.com
BROADWAY DANCE CALL  LastSunday of every month (Next Dance Call…February 28th 2016) This class will be run likea professional NYC audition (minus the monitor and long lines). During eachclass we will stage a production number. Plus we’ll learn another fast-paced, heart-pumping fun dance-heavycombination. Get your jumps and turns warmed-up for this class.Great for all triple threat performers looking to improve theirability to quickly pick up choreography from a true New York choreographer. Idealfor students prepping for auditions for college and musical theatreproductions. Instructor: Jim Becker Location: The Olmsted Community Center, 8170 Mapleway Dr. Olmsted Falls.Time:3:00-5:00p.m. Ages: 11 & UP Class Maximum: 12 Students Only! Cost: $25.  COMBO DANCE CLASS  Sundays from12-1p.m.  (Ages 15 – Adult)Warm-up: ballet, jazz andcontemporary movement fundamentals including foot progressions, stretchesstability and core strengthening work. Barre: we follow the ABT curriculum atthe barre. From plies to grande battements, barre work helps to achieve adancer’s highest potential of quality of movement with each step performed inother genres of dance. Jazz: classic jazz technique including turns, leaps,jumps, traveling and choreographic phrases. Choreography: We bring it alltogether with an actual dance! Typically chosen from the musical theatre genre,choreography helps the dancer to explore movement as it relates to telling thestory and entertaining the audience. This training, though fun, is veryfunctional in nature. This class is for the moderate to advanced dancer.  Instructor:Jim Becker   Location: The OlmstedCommunity Center, 8170 Mapleway Dr. Olmsted FallsTime:12:00-1:00p.m.   Ages: 14 - Adult ClassMaximum: 6 Students. Cost:$175 (8 weeks! Starts Sunday April 3rd– May 22nd 2016)  COMBO DANCE CLASS  Sundays from 1-2p.m.  (Ages 7-11)Warm-up: ballet, jazz andcontemporary movement fundamentals including foot progressions, stretchesstability and core strengthening work. Barre: we follow the ABT curriculum atthe barre. From plies to grande battements, barre work helps to achieve adancer’s highest potential of quality of movement with each step performed inother genres of dance. Jazz: classic jazz technique including turns, leaps,jumps, traveling and choreographic phrases. Choreography: We bring it alltogether with an actual dance! Typically chosen from the musical theatre genre,choreography helps the dancer to explore movement as it relates to telling thestory and entertaining the audience. For the moderate to advanced dancer. Instructor:Jim Becker  Location: The OlmstedCommunity Center, 8170 Mapleway Drive Olmsted Falls. Time: 1:00-2:00p.m.  Ages: 7-11 Class Maximum: 6 Students. Cost:$175 (8 weeks! Starts Sunday April 3rd– Sunday May 22nd  2016)  COMBO DANCE CLASS  Sundays from 2-3p.m. Ages (12-14)Warm-up: ballet, jazz andcontemporary movement fundamentals including foot progressions, stretchesstability and core strengthening work. Barre: we follow the ABT curriculum atthe barre. From plies to grande battements, barre work helps to achieve adancer’s highest potential of quality of movement with each step performed inother genres of dance. Jazz: classic jazz technique including turns, leaps,jumps, traveling and choreographic phrases. Choreography: We bring it alltogether with an actual dance! Typically chosen from the musical theatre genre,choreography helps the dancer to explore movement as it relates to telling thestory and entertaining the audience. This training, though fun, is veryfunctional in nature. Instructor:Jim Becker  Location: The OlmstedCommunity Center, 8170 Mapleway Dr. Time: 2:00-3:00p.m.  Ages: 12-14 Class Maximum:  6 Students. Cost:$175 (8 weeks Starts Sunday April 3rd– Sunday May 22nd 2016)  HIP-HOP DANCE MAX  Saturdays from 10-11a.m.  (Ages 10-17)This class willgive you a work out with a high energy warm up that includes core and cardiostrengthening followed by choreography to music. The possibilities areendless as Hip Hop uses the basics of all styles of dance and manipulates themto give an edge that resembles street dancing. Instructor: Amanda Trompak  Location: The Olmsted Community Center, 8170 MaplewayDr. Olmsted Falls Time:10:00-11:00a.m.  Ages: 10 -17 Class Maximum:8 Students. Cost: $150 (6 weeks Starts Saturday,April 2nd – Saturday, May 7th 2016)