[NEohioPAL] YOUTH AUDITIONS - La Boheme with Cleveland Opera Theater

Lisa Yanofsky via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Feb 23 19:09:55 PST 2016

*Youth Auditions for La Boheme*
Cleveland Opera Theater

Cleveland Opera Theater seeks talented children and teens for their
upcoming production of the classic opera, La Boheme. The opera features a
children's chorus and children's chorus members will be featured in the
ensemble and crowd scenes. This is a rare opportunity to perform in a
professional opera production.

Throughout March, the children's chorus will receive masterclasses in
acting, movement and stagecraft as well as intensive music rehearsals
before joining the professional cast in rehearsals in April. Performances
will be Friday April 29 and Sunday May 1.

*We welcome all levels of experience at our auditions, no prior opera
training required. *

*Who:* Children and teens 7-17 years old
*When:* Sunday February 28, 2:00-5:00pm AND Monday February 29, 7:00-9:00pm
*Where:* Cleveland Opera Theater Offices, 3821 Prospect Ave E # 2
Cleveland, OH 44115

Advanced registration is strongly recommended. Email Lisa Yanofsky,
lyanofsky at clevelandoperatheater.org to schedule audition.

*What to Prepare:* Preparation is not required, however you may bring a
short piece of vocal music. Please bring sheet music for our accompanist.
*What to Expect:* Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled audition
time. When you arrive, you will register and complete some paperwork.
Please bring a resume and headshot if you have them. We will hear each
person individually, auditions will last about 5-10 minutes.

--
*Lisa Yanofsky*
Director of Education & Outreach | Development Associate

[image: clevelandoperatheater.org] <http://clevelandoperatheater.org/>