[NEohioPAL] This weekend only! "The Star on My Heart" - Sponsored by Theatre 8:15 in Green OH

Dawna Kornick via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed Mar 9 05:47:04 PST 2016

THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

Theatre 8:15 is so excited to share this production with everyone!

It has been an honor to work with Angela Miloro-Hansen, Chris Cipriani,
Kelly Miloro & The Star on My Heart project
https://m.facebook.com/thestaronmyheart/ and bring them to our area! What a
wonderful team!

You don't want to miss this production!

"The Star on My Heart"

Friday, March 11 & Saturday, March 12 @ 8:15pm

Tickets $10.00 adults - $5.00 Students / Children

The Star on My Heart is an original play based on Holocaust survivor Inge
Auerbacher's memoirs, adapted and directed by Angela Miloro-Hansen. In 2013
Angela won OCTA awards for a show she directed at Geauga Lyric Theater
called I Never Saw Another Butterfly, by Celeste Raspanti. It told the story
of the children imprisoned in the Theresienstadt (Terezin) concentration
camp near Prague. Of fifteen thousand children who passed through Terezin,
it is believed that approximately one hundred survived.

Then GLTG Executive director Chris Cipriani made contact with one of these
child survivors, Inge Auerbacher.

Inge inspired the cast with a telephone conversation on opening night and a
relationship with Dr. Auerbacher evolved.  Inge expressed a desire to have
her story staged, and Angela Miloro-Hansen was asked to author the script.
Writer/Director Miloro-Hansen has been active in theater since 1999, and is
a 2010 Hiram College graduate. She directs, teaches and acts on a regular
basis and serves as the Educational Outreach Coordinator for Geauga Lyric
Theater in Chardon, Ohio. Chris Cipriani, now Director of Programming at
Shore Cultural Centre in Euclid, is serving as the project and educational
outreach coordinator.

After two years of collaboration, The Star on My Heart premiered in November
2015. It tells of Inge's experiences during the war in Terezin, and her
survival and recovery in New York City, where she still lives today.

After liberation, Inge came to America and spent two years in a tuberculosis
hospital. She began high school with only one year of schooling under her
belt, and graduated in three years. Inge worked as a chemist for 38 years.
She now travels and speaks on the topics of tolerance, the Holocaust and
human rights.

For more information, follow us on Facebook or Twitter at The Star on My
Heart. For more information on Inge Auerbacher go to
<http://www.ingeauerbacher.com/> www.ingeauerbacher.com.

For reservations call (330) 896-0339 or email  <mailto:info at theatre815.com>
info at theatre815.com

Theatre 8:15