[NEohioPAL] Free "STRONG WOMEN" themed Storytelling event for WORLD STORYTELLING DAY – Tomorrow! (March 20)

Benjamin Rexroad via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Mar 19 12:42:00 PDT 2016

Wandering Aesthetics and The Akronist are proud to announce a special Full Circle Storytelling: An Open Mic for Community Storytellers event on WORLD STORYTELLING DAY!

Full Circle Storytelling is free and open to the public.

This Full Circle Storytelling event will be held on Sunday, March 20th from 5 pm – 8:00 pm at The Akron Center for Art, Music and Performance (ACAMP) located at 118 W. Market St. • Akron, OH.

Registration is encouraged (especially for storytellers), but not required. To register or for more information, please email benjamin at akronist.com <mailto:Benjamin at akronist.com> or visit www.watheatre.com/fullcircle <http://www.watheatre.com/fullcircle>.

Information can also be found at: www.tinyurl.com/FullCircle2015 <http://www.tinyurl.com/FullCircle2015>.

About the Event:

Open to the public, Full Circle Storytelling events revolve around a theme and the idea: everyone has a story. Sign up to tell a true story related to the evening’s theme or just come to enjoy the show! (No experience necessary.) Co-hosted Wandering Aesthetics and the Akronist, this intimate evening of storytelling will conjure the spirit of community.

This special WORLD STORYTELLING DAY event will feature live music and poetry from 5 pm – 6 pm and storytelling from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. Anyone can bring poetry or a story to share – or simply come and listen!

 We are creating a video and audio archive of stories from residents of the Greater Akron area. This archive may be used by students, journalists, researchers, artists, etc. for purposes beyond Full Circle Storytelling events. Participants at our live events are not required to have their stories recorded for our archive. Sometimes the magic is only for those in the room.

Registration is encouraged (especially for storytellers), but not required. To register or for more information, please email benjamin at akronist.com <mailto:Benjamin at akronist.com> or visit www.watheatre.com/fullcircle <http://www.watheatre.com/fullcircle>.

This Month’s Theme: STRONG WOMEN

Full Circle Storytelling Mission Statement:

Open to the public, Full Circle Storytelling events revolve around a theme and the idea: everyone has a story. By encouraging community members to tell their own true tales, each storyteller is placed at the center of his or her own life journey. We use narrative as a way to promote understanding between diverse peoples, building bridges – not walls – within our community.