[NEohioPAL] JOB OPPORTUNITY: CPT Announces a New Staff Position - Education Director

Cathleen OMalley via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Apr 7 21:16:40 PDT 2016

Cleveland Public Theatre Announces a New Staff Position: Education Director
Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) produces groundbreaking performances and life-changing educational programs inside of our mission to raise consciousness and nurture compassion. CPT seeks an Education Director interested in joining its hard-working team with the ambitious goals of growing the organization and changing the community.
Description of Position
The Education Director works with the education staff at CPT, and works closely with and reports directly to Executive Artistic Director. This position is a year-round, salaried, staff position.  Salary commensurate with experience, some benefits included.
The position requires a highly motivated servant-leader who will oversee three longstanding core education programs: STEP, a job-training summer theatre creation program for low-income youth; Y-Haven Theatre, which creates new plays with homeless men in treatment for drug and alcohol abuse; and Brick City Theatre, an after-school/summer-school program with youth and families residing in public housing;. The ED also oversees new programs and explores new avenues for growth. Currently CPT has four full time year-round employees in the education department and plans to add two new full time positions to accommodate growth and new programs.
CPT cares passionately about reflecting our community and pursuing diversity at all levels of the organization. CPT has a demanding working environment with long, intense hours, but we have fun and love what we do. We value hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. For applicants considering relocation to Cleveland: our city is an excellent community to live in, with top-notch arts and culture, a vibrant theatre scene, beautiful public parks, a great lake, and VERY affordable housing.

More on CPT's core Education programs:

Student Theatre Enrichment Program (STEP)<http://www.cptonline.org/education/student-theatre-enrichment-program/> Arts education and job training for urban teens, who create and perform an original play that is toured to public parks across Cleveland.  The program serves 30-50 youth annually and has been historically managed by the Education Director. Currently CPT has a succession plan for this program with the Education Coordinator moving into leading this program. STEP engages 4-7 full time employees for the summer months.

Y-Haven Theatre Project<http://www.cptonline.org/education/y-haven-theatre-project/> A theatre program for residents of Y-Haven, a transitional facility for homeless men in recovery. The men learn performance and technical theatre skills and create an original play based on their life experiences. The play performs at CPT and tours to about 5-8 local venues. The program is typically managed by 1-2 education full time staff members (Director, Associate, or Coordinator) and/or 1-2 outside contractors who function as co-creator, co-directors, and/or tour manager.

Brick City Theatre<http://www.cptonline.org/education/brick-city-theatre/> A partnership with Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority that offers afterschool and summer theatre arts activities for children 5-14 who live in public housing through year-round programs. In the 15-16 season CPT will serve 400 children at two CMHA estates. We are currently working to radically expand this program in the next two years, potentially tripling the number of sites and overall programming. Brick City Theatre is primarily run by the Education Manager, who will continue to lead this program with support from the Education Director.

Deadline to Apply is April 30th

Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. To apply for the position, send email to careers at cptonline.org<mailto:careers at cptonline.org>. Subject line should read: [LAST NAME], Education Director. The email should include two attachments: a resume, and a cover letter describing your history, passion, why you are interested in this position, and what you have to offer (up to two pages). Candidates may be asked to provide additional materials after original application.

Complete Job description is available online:
http://www.cptonline.org/news/uncategorized/cpt-seeks-applicants-for-new-education-director-position/

For more information about Cleveland Public Theatre, visit:
www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org>.
###