[NEohioPAL] NEEDED: ACTORS FOR A TABLE READ

Andrew Rudd via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Apr 11 18:06:45 PDT 2016

NEEDED: ACTORS FOR A TABLE READ

My feature length script, $107 A Day recently won a contest to be accepted
into the Indie Film Incubator in Cleveland.  One of the things that the
script needs most right now?  Is the kind of feedback that can only come
from a table read. I have plans to turn the script will turn into a film,
and if I produce it, I’ll do so here in Northeast Ohio.  It’s timely,
funny, real, and it focuses on several very important issues that (for
various reasons) many people are paying attention to right now.

You can find out more about the project by checking out my pitch here --
https://vimeo.com/159645474

The script is based on a true story that I learned about as I made a series
of short documentaries for a gallery based collaborative project at
Translations Gallery in Canton, Ohio called Blind/Sighted.

This year’s oscar nominee THE BIG SHORT tells the backstory behind the
housing bubble crisis several years ago.  What THE BIG SHORT doesn’t focus
on is the fact that Black homeowners in America lost their homes at twice
the rate of white homeowners, and that during that time the number of Black
homeowners in the U.S. dropped by 20%.   This film tells the story of one
of those black families, and hopefully communicates the role of
infrastructure issues and institutionalized racism in maintaining inequity
in our country.

My script is a narrative feature film that follows one couple as they try
to save their home from foreclosure.  It’s called $107 A DAY and it is
influenced by films like MAN PUSH CART,  KILLER OF SHEEP, THE BICYCLE
THIEVES and the films of the Dardennes Brothers.

While this table read isn’t a part of the casting process (we’re not that
close to production yet) if the production team is wow-ed by someone at the
table read -- that will obviously influence us.

This is an unpaid gig, but I’ll provide some food and drink and it will be
a great evening of being with like-minded artists and I’ll be forever
grateful to you for your investment in the development of the script.  I
will be video-ing the event, and if we end up with any footage that would
be helpful for you and your acting reel, I’d be more than happy to send it
to you and of course put a nice recommendation on whichever helpful social
media contexts would be helpful to you.

WHEN: During April or the beginning of May.

WHERE: Cleveland, Akron or Canton -- whichever is most convenient given the
actors we select

HOW: Send us an email with your headshot, resume, acting reel (Or whichever
of those you want to share!)  We will get back to you if it’s a yes or a
not-this-time.

WHO: Here’s a character list.

Jerry Harris - Black 35 year old man.  Overweight, friendly, smart,
inventive and the life of any party, and

Felicia Harris - Black 32 year old woman.  Pregnant, very chill, direct,
honest and kind.

2 Black Men who can play 3-6 roles;

1 White Man also playing 6 medium to small roles;

2 Black women playing 5 roles;

1 White Woman playing 5 roles.

These utility players will have fun playing various ages and personalities
in lines ranging from a few lines to a few monologues.

After the read-through, I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback about
the script.