[NEohioPAL] Near West Theatre invites YOU to a Community Conversation: Race in America and "Show Boat"

Kelcie Dugger via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Apr 12 12:23:56 PDT 2016

YOU'RE INVITED to this FREE EVENT!
COMMUNITY CONVERSATION:
Race in America and "Show Boat"

SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd
from 2:00pm-4:00pm
Location: Near West Theatre<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00168nYvCEePJMbe7qN9qeVZ0o6oMS7Sebcw2fQa2KmG8uX43sy2VPRQanYwYIoAEp9Lxk2iWdnRSrhicbBaLn66tJp-VS8LsqLZ4eysguntXTIiBnOOs8zog==>,
6702 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH  44102

JOIN US for this next installment in our Community Conversation series, where we explore the themes and messages of the productions of Near West Theatre.

This Community Conversation features two outstanding community leaders, Bill Rudman<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00168nYvCEePJMbe7qN9qeVZ0o6oMS7Sebcw2fQa2KmG8uX43sy2VPRQanYwYIoAEp9Lxk2iWdnRSqFuJLZ4NTrAikoqtKiO94QTx2W9E9NF1BXoVtZmwwRlXwOjrmynAWqKxOIpcmy6S1iE2GSTJQxdEwjgEyL3V8pGQxsx-oxMbvlxiXn-F8s6A==>, Artistic Director of The Musical Theatre Project, and Indigo Bishop<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00168nYvCEePJMbe7qN9qeVZ0o6oMS7Sebcw2fQa2KmG8uX43sy2VPRQanYwYIoAEp9aFj0tSFgGODdxFG11sJzJ9WTuR4JAD67xJg_9GFuitMIUsLvvj6OL_R6BtIVrl0CTBrVQ5P88zCbHxdSr_Jr8w==>, Cleveland Action Strategist and certified social justice mediator.

The dialogue will begin with a talk by Bill Rudman focusing on the history of Show Boat and its place in the narrative of early race relations in America. His presentation will then be followed by a facilitated dialogue on race led by Indigo Bishop.

ALL are welcome, and admission is FREE!
Visit our Facebook Event Page<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=00168nYvCEePJMbe7qN9qeVZ0o6oMS7Sebcw2fQa2KmG8uX43sy2VPRQanYwYIoAEp9aFj0tSFgGOApFyaGn0YOVPrw3NFAIf5kPDHrYQ3PKFqaVMDnMhvEuc2dTBOjRSzfM0tIzl6LLQ2cRXGUENsBew==> to read more and to RSVP!
(Not required, but it will be great to see who is coming!)
We'll see you there!