[NEohioPAL] Reviews are in. THE PEOPLE VS FRIAR LAURENCE at Hudson Players is NOT to be missed. Absolute hilarity!!

Dana Herro via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Apr 30 07:55:13 PDT 2016

We are shouting it from the rooftops! Well actually others are. Here are
few comments audience members made online or in person after seeing the
Hudson Players current production of the Ohio Premier of the hysterically
funny musical "The People vs. Friar Laurence: The Man Who Killed Romeo and
Juliet." :
- Truly a must see show. You will laugh until you cry!
- Hilariously funny, great cast and a great director.
- GO SEE THIS SHOW!
- I had tears in my eyes from laughing so much.
- It's frickin hysterical!
- If you have plans tomorrow night..other than seeing this show...you need
to change them to "going to see this show!"

Please get your tickets now at www.hudsonplayers.com and don't miss this
fun, new production or you will be sorry you did!

> William Shakespeare passed away 400 years ago this month and every 100
years or so it’s time for him to roll over. Enter the Hudson Players
current production of People vs Friar Laurence – The Man Who Killed Romeo
and Juliet. An Ohio premier, this hilarious musical comedy, by Ron West and
Phil Swann, is told in a style that combines The Second City, Monty Python
and Shakespeare all in one great show! With a small core of actors playing
a wide variety of roles, the show has quick changes and an even faster
pace, resulting in rapid fire humor. After all, what better way to
celebrate Shakespeare’s death than with a show that would have killed him
with laughter?

> The show begins with Friar Laurence from Romeo and Juliet fame, behind
bars and charged with the murder of the two young lovers. The twisted trial
progresses into a Vaudeville-like mayhem in the race to determine the plot
behind the ultimate blame for Romeo and Juliet’s demise at the feet of
Friar Laurence. The fast-moving freight train of characters and non-stop
Shakespearean spoof of adventure takes the audience on a musical journey of
love, confusion and chaos.  The show, a smash hit for Chicago Shakespeare
Theater, is the funniest mash up of Shakespeare, sketch comedy, and
American theater you’ve ever seen (with a lot of fun music thrown in to
boot).

> The show runs April 29, 30, May 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 20 & 21. Tickets can be
purchase via the Hudson Players website at www.HudsonPlayers.com or via
phone at 330-655-8522. Don’t miss this great opportunity to see a fun, new,
different, musical comedy and Ohio premier.

> “The People vs. Friar Laurence does to Romeo and Juliet what Mel Brooks
did to Robin Hood and westerns, though it may be even wittier.” –Lansing
City Pulse