[NEohioPAL] Casting for Horror Movie

Ben Rood via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri May 6 11:48:34 PDT 2016

Hello, my name is Ben Rood and I'm casting for a feature length horror film
called "There's A Monster Under My Bed."

The movie is about a socially awkward boy who becomes trapped in his house
with a monster that threatens to kill him if he isn't in bed every night
before sundown.

Peter (14) protagonist: Possibly the smartest kid in school. He's also very
kind and considerate but no one will ever realize this outside of his
mother because of his extreme social anxiety. The story begins with he and
his mother starting fresh in a new town. Peter suffered traumatic bullying
at his previous school, something that his caused him to give up pursuing
relationships. This story is about Peter realizing his full potential, not
just being brilliant, but discovering his inner courage and leadership that
we all aspire to have.

Peter's Mom (40s): Peter's rock. She's fun and caring and everybody loves
her. The type that works 80 hours a week but you would never know it
because of how well she keeps it together. She always puts Peter first and
encourages him to go outside, make friends and have fun, but also knows if
she pushes too hard, it will damage him. If we all had mom's like her,
there would be no war.

Amy (14): Peter's love interest. She lives across the street from Peter's
new house. She's everything he's not: foul-mouthed, tough, rebellious, but
she has a good heart. She sticks up for him on their first encounter when a
bully picks on him and reluctantly becomes friends with him when Peter
saves her brother from getting hit by a car. She doesn't necessarily enjoy
getting into trouble, she just doesn't see any reason to do something if
it's not her way.

Amy's Mom (40s): A drunk, negligent mom. Blames others for her short
comings. Inadvertently pressures Amy into taking over the mother position.
Without Amy taking care of her, her world would collapse.

Josh (14): Intimidating class bully. We don't know why he's so mean. It's
more than insecurity, he just enjoys being a jerk. Finds Peter as an easy
target.

Head shots and reels can be sent to bensmonstermovie at gmail.com
I'll compensate actors at a negotiated price. Any other questions just let
me know.

Best,
Ben Rood