[NEohioPAL] Empowering Youth - Creative Intersections Series: Safety - Community Partnership for Arts and Culture (CPAC)

Leaundra Richardson via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon May 9 07:33:33 PDT 2016

Attend Community Partnership for Arts and Culture's new series, and be at the forefront of this national topic, Creative Intersections: Safety<http://cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Creative-Intersections>. Network and discuss how your work can play a role in the pressing issues facing the broader community.

Empowering Youth<http://cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Creative-Intersections/Empowering-Youth>, the second event of the 2016 Creative Intersections series will be held Thursday, May 19th from 1:30 - 5:30 p.m. at the Bohemian National Hall. During this event, we will explore how arts and culture is empowering youth voices to lead conversations about mental health, conflict and neighborhood challenges.

Our speakers for this event will include:

·        Tomás Alvarez III, Ashoka Fellow, and Founder, Beats Rhymes and Life, Inc.

·        Daniel Gray-Kontar, Poet, Educator, Youth Mentor, and Founder of Twelve: Literary and Performative Arts Incubator

·        Phillip F. Morris, columnist, The Plain Dealer

Each presentation will be followed by a Q&A and time for networking.

Event Cost: $25
Learn more and register<http://cultureforward.org/Our-Programs/Creative-Intersections/Empowering-Youth>

Please feel free to email me at leaundra at cultureforward.org<mailto:leaundra at cultureforward.org> if you have any questions about the event or series.

Sincerely,

LeAundra Richardson
Associate, Research & Advancement
Community Partnership for Arts and Culture
Cultureforward.org
Mycreativecompass.org