[NEohioPAL] Jerusalem at Ensemble

Neil Thackaberry via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon May 9 14:47:12 PDT 2016

Steven,

One of the hallmarks of immaturity in theater and in life, is an acceptance
and promulgation of absolutes.

For anyone to proclaim, as you do, that any individual who finds something
redeeming in a play and a production you dismiss knows nothing about
theater speaks volumes about your experience, intelligence, and artistic
maturity.

The credibility of your position is further weakened by your ad hominem
attacks on the director.  I've been doing theater for a while now and I'm
still never sure if what I'm seeing is what the director intended.

I have been fortunate to see a good deal of the work of Ensemble Theater
over the past 25 years.  As with any theater, I've enjoyed some shows more
than others.  My experiences in the past and my respect for the artists
involved in Jerusalem make it extremely difficult for me to give your
comments the credibility you seem to expect.

Finally, who are you?  If you believe that your view of the production is
fair and accurate, why don't you take ownership of your opinions, no matter
how poorly written and organized they may be?

Neil Thackaberry