[NEohioPAL] See "Making God Laugh" This Weekend at Independence Community Theatre

Marge Berke via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue May 10 12:24:25 PDT 2016

Independence Community Theater is pleased to present
Making God Laugh
a family comedy/ drama by SeanGrennan
MakingGod Laugh follows onetypical American family over the course of thirty years' worth of holidays.Starting in 1980, Ruthie and Bill's grown children -- a priest, an aspiringactress, and a former football star -- all return home, where we learn of theirplans and dreams as they embark on their adult lives. The empty-nester parentscontend with their own changes, too, as old family rituals are trotted out andancient tensions flare up. As time passes, the family discovers that, despitewhat we may have in mind, we often arrive at unexpected destinations.
As WoodyAllen once said, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him yourplans..."

ShowDates:   Friday and Saturday May 13,14, 20, 21 at 8 pm, Sunday matinee May 15 at 2 pm
Location:         IndependenceOld Town Hall, 6652 Brecksville Rd, upstairs
Tickets:           $12.00
Reservations:  216-447-0443

Produced by special arrangement withPlayscripts, Inc.