[NEohioPAL] Gilda Shedstecker Presents! is casting Our Son's Wedding

Doug Tennant via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Wed May 11 14:28:14 PDT 2016

Gilda is seeking 2 actors in the 25-30ish range for the parts of son
Michael and his fiancé David in our June production of OUR SON'S WEDDING by
Donna de Matteo. Excellent script for a great comedy and tie-in to Pride!
Interested actors please email director Doug Tennant dougtennant at gmail.com
and mention OUR SON'S WEDDING in the subject. Performance dates are June
17, 18, 24, 25 at The Kathleen Howland Theatre in downtown Canton.
Rehearsal schedule is constructed as much as possible around cast conflicts.

The show: "Just tell me, Mary, are we the parents of the groom or the
parents of the bride?"

Mary and Angelo Lo Presto are about to escort their son down the aisle.
Like fathers throughout the centuries, Angelo isn’t thrilled about his
son’s romantic choice — but there’s a 2016 twist.

Their son's wedding to another man is the incendiary device that blows the
door off the closet of Mary and Angelo's own marriage, revealing old
skeletons and buried assignations that rattle their Italian-American
roots!  Every parent wants their child to find happiness. Every person on
the face of the planet wants to find love. The challenges faced by parents
and children are universal, and sometimes understanding is the best gift
you can give.