[NEohioPAL] Ohio Shakespeare Festival summer classes: Swordplay & Monologues

via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue May 17 18:48:56 PDT 2016

[  ]( http://www.ohioshakespeare.com/ )
Shakespeare & Swords
Monologue Coaching

Learn to swing a sword or perfect your verse.  Open to all ages.

These fun and intensive workshops focus on some of the most exciting elements of Shakespeare.
Classes are suitable for all skill levels! Our small class environment and dedicated instructors meet students at their level to ensure individual growth.
Taught by OSF actor/educators, two days of training, and air conditioned.  At $100 per student, these classes are a steal.  Only 8 spots left in Swordplay--don't miss your chance to sign up!

To register, visit: [ http://www.ohioshakespearefestival.com/weekend-workshops-2015/ ]( http://www.ohioshakespearefestival.com/weekend-workshops-2015/ )

Scholarship applications are available upon request.  OSF wants to make our art accessible to the entire community.  Please reach out to us if you feel your student may qualify for one of our need-based scholarships.

[  ]( https://gallery.mailchimp.com/a75df5f806d6cb944579f9469/images/24ebbe9a-0c39-472c-ae86-886b3748d914.jpg )

Swordplay and Shakespeare go hand-in-hand. Join Ohio Shakespeare’s resident certified fight choreographer Ryan Zarecki for an exploration of stage combat as it relates to the works of the Bard. In this two day workshop, learn the fighting techniques used by OSF to bring Shakespeare’s battles to life with an emphasis on safety, creativity, story-telling, and accuracy.
Open to ages 14 and over.

A monologue-centered acting class, join Ohio Shakespeare Festival for a two day workshop focusing on verse, direct audience address, expression through consonants and vowels, and other classical acting techniques. Participants will not only emerge with an audition-ready Shakespeare monologue, but also the tools to decipher the acting clues hidden in Shakespeare's texts.

Open to all ages.

"We must have bloody noses and crack'd crowns...!"
—Henry IV, Part One