[NEohioPAL] Free six-week Introductory Playwriting Workshop at the South Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch of Cuyahoga County Public Library (1876 S. Green Rd., S. Euclid)!

Donna Meyers via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Fri May 27 14:01:17 PDT 2016

Free six-week Introductory Playwriting Workshop at the South Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch of Cuyahoga County Public Library (1876 S. Green Rd., South Euclid)!

Register here:

http://cuyahogalibrary.evanced.info/eventsignup.asp?ID=86412

This workshop will use hands-on writing and regular feedback to help attendees get started as playwrights. We'll begin with the monologue, then move up to scene work and the popular ten-minute play genre. Character, dialogue, structure, and other facets of dramatic writing will be addressed as we create our own original pieces.

Instructor David Todd is the author of numerous plays and one nonfiction book. He is the artistic director of Playwrights Local 4181, Northeast Ohio's first theater company devoted to new works by area writers, and a lecturer in English at Cleveland State University.

Cuyahoga County Public Library Staff