[NEohioPAL] We NEED 15 ACTORS who can improv for a Short Film.

Andrew Rudd via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Sat Jun 4 16:43:57 PDT 2016

A team of creative collaborators is planning on making a short ten-minute
film which includes some juicy opportunities for actors to improv and
develop characters for the film (and possibly other future projects). This
YET-UNNAMED-PROJECT (the working title is: “Rue The Day”) focuses on time
travel, regret and the desire to UNDO our mistakes.

The film is based on an anonymous survey where we asked people to answer
the question:

If you could travel back in time and change one mistake that you made, bad
choice that you made, or thing that you said -- what would it be?

Filming for most actors will be restricted to one day (tentative filming
dates are currently June 29th or July 14th); three actors will be invited
back for a half day filming based on some of the improvisational material
that emerges during the first day of shooting.

We’d like to work with fifteen actors that vary in age, race, size and
gender.  If you’re interested, please send a headshot and a resume that
lists your acting and improv experience.  If you want to include a link to
video work, that’s great, but not an expectation. Please email your
materials to me, Andrew Rudd at andrewerudd at gmail.com  Please title your
email:  “IMPROV ACTOR”

While this is an unpaid opportunity, you’ll have a great opportunity to
interact with other actors and filmmakers and if we get the funding we’re
hoping to -- we’ll pay a travel stipend to actors.  We plan to film in
Canton, Ohio and we will vary the call times throughout the day based on
your schedule.  Each actor will need to be available for four hours (or
less).

Depending on the reception to this film and  our production experience --
this film may be a springboard for a series of webisodes which we would
invite our original actors to return to as collaborators if they were
interested.

--

[image: --]

Andrew Rudd