[NEohioPAL] Press Release: Ensemble Theatre's 2016-2017 Season line up!

Ensemble Theatre via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jun 13 14:52:14 PDT 2016

*Press Release: **For immediate release*.

Contact: info at ensemble-theatre.org
Phone: 216-321-2930

*ENSEMBLE THEATRE *announces it's* 37th consecutive Season! *
*THE CLEVELAND TICKET.*

*MAINSTAGE: **(performs in the MainStage Theater)*
Eric Coble's *Margin of Error*
*(or, The Unassailable Wisdom of the Mouse and the Scorpion)*
Directed by Eric Schmiedl
*​September 30th-October23rd*
*Regional Premiere!*
Harold Carver is the greatest political strategist the nation has ever
known.  But tonight he has to save four doomed campaigns, his own
disintegrating marriage, and fend off an FBI investigation — with no one to
help him but eager intern Daphne.  And he’s stuck at Gate C19 of Cleveland
Hopkins Airport.  A no-holds-barred look at how we choose our elected
officials (and every other product) in our winner-take-all-world.

*“Eric Coble’s hilariously funny, psychologically astute portraits hit home
with rib-tickling acuity.” -The New York Times"Eric Coble’s ‘Margin of
Error’ captures the mayhem of political campaigning, almost too well."
-Idaho Statesman*

*The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail*.
By Robert Edwin Lee & Jerome Lawrence
​.
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*November 18th-December 11th*
"If the law is of such a nature that it requires you to be an agent of
injustice to another, then I say, break the law."  So wrote the young Henry
David Thoreau in 1849. Three years earlier, Thoreau had put his belief into
action and refused to pay taxes because of the United States government's
involvement in the Mexican War, which he firmly believed was unjust. For
his daring and unprecedented act of protest, he was thrown in jail. The
Night Thoreau Spent in Jail is a celebrated dramatic presentation of this
famous act of civil disobedience and it's consequences. It's poignant,
lively and accessible scenes offer a compelling exploration of Thoreau's
philosophy and life.

*"Absolutely fascinating... Imaginatively commanding." - Washington Post*

*"Scene after scene moves you to laughter or close to tears." - Newsday *

*Radio Golf* by August Wilson
director TBA
*February 3rd-February 26th*
A fast-paced, dynamic and wonderfully funny work about the world today and
the dreams we have for the future. Set in Pittsburgh in the late 1990's,
it's the story of a successful entrepreneur who aspires to become the
city's first black mayor. But when the past begins to catch up with him,
secrets get revealed that could be his undoing.

*"With wit and soul, Radio Golf brings to a close the most ambitious
theatrical undertaking in the history of American theater." *
*-New York Sun*

*​Colombi New Plays Festival 2017*
*Occupation Dad* by Tyler Whidden
Mainstage Theatre.
*March 17th-April 2nd*
“Occupation: Dad” will explore what it means to be a father in a world
where an increasing number of men are filling the role of caregiver for
their children, Whidden said. In his project plan, Whidden described the
play as “like James Joyce’s ‘Ulysses’ (but with slightly less drinking).”

*FREE Play Readings in Playground Theatre Through out the month of March
and April.  *
*Titles, days and times of readings TBA.  *​

*The North Pool *by Rajiv Joseph
Directed by Celeste Cosentino
*April 28th -May 21st.  *
In this riveting psychological thriller, a high-school vice principal and a
Middle Eastern–born transfer student engage in a politically and
emotionally charged game of cat and mouse, with dangerous consequences.
*"High school is a model fascist state. [Joseph] adroitly shows how power
dynamics can turn on a dime." -TheaterMania.com. "Joseph has a gift for
penetrating to the depths of human nature. As he explores the question of
guilt - in all its forms, for all its reasons - there's barely a wasted
word." -Boston Globe.PLEASE NOTE: *
*All MainStage productions perform Fridays & Saturdays @8pm. Sundays @2pm. *
*Times and dates MAY change.  Please check our website for updates! *

*THEATRECLE:  (peform in the Playground Theatre)*
*The BLOODLESS JUNGLE* by Peter Lawson Jones.
Directed by Terrance Spivey
*​September ​15th-Oct 2nd.  *
Thursdays-Saturday @8pm.  Sundays @2pm.

*ST NICHOLAS* by Connor McPherson
Directed by Sarah May
*starring Dana Hart.  Winner of Best Actor for his performance in "Best of
Cleveland 2012" by Scene Magazine.
*October 21st-October 30th. *
Thursdays-Saturdays @8pm.  Sunday @2pm.

*The Phantom Toll Booth* (Children's Show) ​
​
by Susan Nanus based on the book by Norton Juster
Director TBA
*​January 13th-January 27th*
*This Production will perform in the Main Stage Theatre
*Performances are Fridays & Saturdays @8pm.  Saturdays @3pm. Sundays @2pm.

*This Is Our Youth *by Kenneth Lonergan
​
Directed by Joanna May Hunkins
*February 9th- February 19th. *
Thursdays-Saturdays @8pm. Sundays @2pm.

*PLEASE NOTE: *
*TheatreCLE produciton times and dates vary.  *
*Dates may change.  *
*Please check our website for up to date times and dates.    *

*MainStage shows tickets $12-24*
*TheatreCLE shows are $15 (unless otherwise posted).  *
*​Note that shows, dates and times may chance and to always check our
website for updates!  *

*SEASON PASSES are on sale now!  *

*Early Bird Special!  *
*Buy a season pass by July 15th and we will throw in TWO FREE TICKETS for
you to give to a friend! *
*Introduce new audiences to Ensemble Theatre!  *

*Single tickets will go on sale at the end of June.  *

*CLICK HERE <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/season-tickets/> to buy a
season pass or visit www.ensembletheatreCLE.org
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/> to purchase online! *
*Call 216-321-2930 <216-321-2930> or email info at ensemble-theatre.org
<info at ensemble-theatre.org> for more information! *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!  *

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org
2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 441118
216-321-2930/216-202-0938
*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*