[NEohioPAL] Fwd: Summer Youth Musical returns to Medina to stage “Alice in Wonderland”

Ansley Valentine via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jun 14 07:30:07 PDT 2016

*Summer Youth Musical returns to Medina to stage “Alice in Wonderland”*

Medina, Ohio, June 14, 2016—For the second year in a row, Summer Youth
Musical will present a delightful family-friendly musical “Alice in
Wonderland.” Written by Mike Davis, “Alice” will be presented at the
Highland High School Performing Arts Center, 4150 Ridge Rd, Medina, OH
44256. Public performances are Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25 at 7
PM. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased in advance online at
www.showtix4u.com or at the door. The production is also conducting a
canned food drive. For each pound of non-perishable food items donated,
patrons will receive a discount of up to $2 off per regular ticket. Call (330)
899-7150 for more information.

The production is directed by Nate Sayatovich. Sayatovich works in the
education department at The Cleveland Play House, the recent recipient of
the 2015 Regional Theatre Tony Award. Music direction is by Michelle Hujar.
Ansley Valentine provides the musical staging. Tom West has designed the
lights and Donna Miller has designed the costumes.

According to Sayatovich, “As we go into our second year with this new
program, we have grown our participation and welcomed many new children to
our production. For many of the younger students, this is their first
experience on stage. Balanced with some wonderful veteran student actors,
everyone has a very positive educational experience. Our connection to a
professional theater network lets us stretch our resources and achieve an
artistic, quality production youth theatre programs don't often have.” The
production benefits from the support of the Montville Township Trustees and
various community partners.

“Alice in Wonderland” features a cast of over 50 elementary through high
school age actors from Cuyahoga, Medina and Summit Counties. Leading this
band of Wonderland characters is Logan Bowers as Alice; Justin
Chandler-Holtz as Mad Hatter; Julia Martin as Queen of Hearts; Rebecca
Marzloff as TweedleDee; Riley Hayes as TweedleDum, Bradley Staron as March
Hare; Nataley Davis as White Rabbit; Isabelle George as Duchess; Erin
Sharpe as Caterpillar; Ella Barberic as Dormouse; Ian Blair as King of
Hearts; Gabriel Byrne as Fish Footman; Emileo Fernandez as Frog Footman;
Elizabeth Gilbert as Card 5; Benjamin Miller as Cook; Arden Lewis as French
Mouse; Sid Kranz as Knave of Hearts; Bryce Shepard as Duck; Tyler Shepard
as Eaglet; Caroline Szekely as Card 7; Kathryn Vanover as Dodo; Abby Weyls
as Mock Turtle; Harper Wisniewski as Card 2; Makenna Byrne as Gryphon; and
Addie Wisniewski as The Cheshire Cat. The cast also includes Jacob Conrad,
Megan Conrad, Bridget Chandler-Holtz, Allison Custer, Addison Dressel,
Erika Evans, Chloe Galletti, Kathryn George, Sammy George, Kadence Glawe,
Kelsey Glawe, Xiamara Glover, Lacie Haffner, Brenna Holliday, Gabby
Jackson, Anna Kosar, Mya Kosar, Sydney Lewis, Mia Marsala, Natalie Miller,
Jordanne Oberhaus, Camille Pasipanki, Madison Schaner, Emma Sielski, Billy
Stuchal, Annaliese Vanover, Samantha Wyatt, and Jamie Zickefoose.

(330) 899-7150
ansleyvalentine at gmail.com
www.facebook.com/SummerYouthMusical

###