[NEohioPAL] MY STORY FESTIVAL at DOBAMA THEATRE This Weekend

JD Tell via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Thu Jun 16 08:20:16 PDT 2016

 Please join us for the My Story Festival, a weekend of new work by members of Dobama Theatre's Playwrights' GYM. These new dramatic works are be based on the life experiences of people in our community who have risen to meet challenges. The Festival is a benefit for the Playwrights' GYM.The Festival has the following performance schedule:
Program #1Thursday, June 16 at 7:30pm & Friday, June 17 at 8pm

Pride Shabbot by Zack Bennett BernsteinAdapted & Directed by Stuart HoffmanFeaturing: Margi Herwald Zitelli & Jeremy Jenkins
When Zack is asked to speak at his childhood synagogue about being a young, gay, Jewish man, he must decide whether to tell the story they want to hear, or his true feelings.
My Body is Blue or 20 Cantos From My Ridiculous Life Written & Directed by Christopher JohnstonFeaturing: Courtney Nicole Auman
A young woman relies on her poetry and creativity to overcome domestic abuse.
How to be a Respectable Junkie Written & Directed by Greg VovosFeaturing: Christopher Bohan*
Despite pleas from his dog to do otherwise, Brian decides he will make a video about his heroin addiction before he checks out from life for good.
* Member of Actors' Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States, appearing under a Special Appearance Contract
Program #2Saturday, June 18 at 2:30pm & 8pm

The Monster Under the Bed by Dr. Mary E. WeemsDirected by Michael OatmanFeaturing: Jeannine Gaskin, Rodney Freeman & India Nicole Burton
A Black woman, her alter-ego and her rapist meet in limbo.
Becoming Justin by Faye SholitonDirected by Fred SternfeldFeaturing Neil Kelly & Caden Vincent
Becoming Justin is a play about turning a disability into a celebration of differences.
Crystal Clear Written & Directed by Cornell Hubert Calhoun IIIFeaturing: Crystal Dobbins, Mia Jones, Zamani Munashe, Darryl Tatum, Laprise Johnson, Katrice Monee Headd & Lewis Finney
A single mother's quest to conquer the Mighty Breast Cancer.
Funnel Cakes Not Includedbased on the true life adventures and original blog series by Deena Nyer MendlowitzWritten by Deena Nyer Mendlowitz & Anne McEvoyDirected by Anne McEvoyFeaturing: Deena Nyer Mendlowitz and James Angelo Catullo
There’s nothing fun about mental illness, but there's plenty that's funny about it…especially through the lens of late night talk shows, amusement parks, improv sessions, and more 80s sitcom references than you ever wanted.
Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students and are available at the door; at dobama.org 24/7 or by calling the box office at 216.932.3396

Dobama Members receive FREE admission, but must call 216.932.3396 or e-mail boxoffice at dobama.org to reserve their tickets.