[NEohioPAL] Open Mic Shakespeare This Saturday!

Bryan Ritchey via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jun 27 09:43:11 PDT 2016

This Saturday July 2nd, The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival will be hosting the next gathering of it's revitalized series---OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE, from 2:00-4:30pm at the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Lee rd. Public Library! We will be reading Part 1 of the "The Tragedy of Cymbeline."
Last month, we followed the Bard to a mysterious island in the Mediterranean! This month, we land in the United Kingdom---BEFORE it was united. In "Cymbeline", Shakespeare weaves a tale of two lands, Rome and Britain, who's respective people are questioning the relative meaning of "love and honor". Due to the play's length, we'll be reading the first half of it this month and the second half of it next month. Open Mic Shakespeare is an ongoing play-reading series brought to you by The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival. One day each month, we invite anyone and everyone to stop in and read a Shakespeare play with us, at a cool spot in the Greater Cleveland area. This month, we'll be meeting twice, Saturday July 2nd and Saturday July 30th, 2-4:30pm, at the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Lee Rd. Public Library, Meeting Room B. Like our classic summer performance season, entry to Open Mic Shakespeare is absolutely free, now and forever.Speaking of which, once you're done reading Part 1 of Cymbeline this Saturday, go out and catch our wonderful production of Richard II happening at the historic Garfield Monument in Mentor! Show starts at 7pm!
Thank you
Bryan RitcheyCo-Director, Bard Corps, Cleveland Shakespeare Festival