[NEohioPAL] OPENING THIS FRIDAY! Near West Theatre presents: Assassins (Now offering special BOGO deal!)

Kelcie Dugger via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Mon Jul 11 11:44:38 PDT 2016

OPENING THIS FRIDAY!
*BOGO DEAL - FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY (see below!)

Near West Theatre presents:
ASSASSINS
July 15-16, 2016
Book by John Weidman
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Based on an idea by Charles Gilbert, Jr.
ON THE EVE OF THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, NEAR WEST'S SUMMER YOUTH THEATER PRESENTS STEPHEN SONDHEIM'S EXAMINATION OF THE AMERICAN DREAM, THE HAVES AND THE HAVE-NOTS, AND GUNS.
Performances:
July 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 & 31
(Thurs., Fri. and Sat., 7:30 p.m.; Sun., 3 p.m.)
*Tickets can be purchased at www.nearwesttheatre.org<http://www.nearwesttheatre.org>,
or by calling our Box Office at 216-961-6391 from 11am-4pm M-F.

Accessibility notes: Near West Theatre's new home is fully accessible! Dedicated spaces will be available to view the performance from a wheelchair.

"We're the other national anthem, folks, the ones that can't get in to the ball park.

There's Another National Anthem, folks, for those who never win...

for the ones who might have been."- from "Another National Anthem"

A multiple Tony Award-winning theatrical tour-de-force, Assassins combines Sondheim's signature blend of intelligently stunning lyrics and beautiful music, with a panoramic story of our nation's culture of celebrity and the violent means some will use to obtain it, embodied by America's four successful and five would-be presidential assassins. Bold, original, disturbing, and alarmingly funny, Assassins is perhaps the most unexpected musical ever written.

*BOGO DEAL - FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
As we stand in this spotlight on Cleveland, Near West Theatre offers an experience of 34 young people in Assassins, a musical that, in the words of Director Bob Navis, asks us to have a place in our hearts "for all individuals, all ideologies, all nations...to listen and learn in order to create an openness that breeds care, empathy, healthy perspective and loving action."
Discover this historical musical by Stephen Sondheim and take in this thoughtful group of young people in "whose eyes is the hope we all seek." Entertaining. Unexpected. Beautiful.

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE TICKETS
Valid for Opening Weekend Performances Only, Fri. & Sat. July 15 & 16.
* Advance sales only - Monday through Thurs, July 11th to 14th
* Valid on general admission tickets only ($10 adults; $8 children). Discount applies to lower priced ticket
* Must purchase tickets in person or over the phone (no online sales) - 216-961-6391 or at 6702 Detroit Avenue
* Mention BOGO discount at the time of purchase - discount cannot be applied retroactively

We'll see you there!