[NEohioPAL] Who Needs Headshots?

Brian Bowers via NEohioPAL neohiopal at lists.neohiopal.org
Tue Jul 12 17:50:08 PDT 2016

*Cleveland’s Premier NightClub, xxx xxxxxx xxx, is now hiring staff for the
summer, with potential to stay on afterwards. We are currently interviewing
for bartenders, beer-tub girls, and cocktail waitresses.*

*Please forward your resume, with a head-shot, for consideration. Thank
you.*

This is an actual ad for a job posting. Maybe it’s not fair, but the
reality is how you look and how you present yourself all come into play in
getting hired for any job, not just as an actor. A professional headshot
says a lot about a person; not only does it tell people that you’re serious
enough about your career to get the proper tools to market yourself, but
it’s also a nice way to give a potential employer or client a visual
reminder of you. After sifting through piles of resumes and applications
things tend to get blurry for even the most savvy of hiring managers.
Leaving them a professional headshot can be the thing that sets you apart
from the rest of the pile.

Here are a few tips when getting a headshot:
1. Use a professional

I’m sure your brother’s friend will give you a great deal, but the fact is
that it does matter who shoots the picture. Photographers who specialize in
headshots tend to be better at working with people, and do a much better
job focusing on making YOU look good. Use somebody that doesn’t know what
they’re doing and you’ll...   READ MORE
<http://gorillafilmschool.com/who-needs-headshots/>

*Brian Bowers*
Founder, Gorilla Film School